Honored Contributor

Re: 13 Halloween Candies That Will Ensure Your House Gets Egged

@SahmIam wrote:

Who made up THIS list? Let me tell ya, according to the 10  year olds in my world, the candy they want is:

Tootsie Pops

Peanut Butter Cups

Snickers and Milky Ways

Butterfingers

War Heads/Nerds/Sour Patch Kids 

Kit Kats and M&M's are just ok (lol).

That's what we have and that's what we're giving out.

@SahmIam  I may be in a little bit of trouble then.  I have full size Hershey and Hershey Almond bars, Kit Kats and Reese's PB Cups.  I have the most of PB Cups so the kids better get to my house first!  Smiley Very Happy   

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I bought snickers and tootsie pops.....maybe I should reconsider the tootsie pops?.....

@SeaMaiden  As far as I am concerned, you accept the free candy and say thank you.    Then trade it out later with your friends.  We all did this.    

@Laura14  I agree with you.  We weren't brought up snarfing down candy so much that we turned our noses up at what we didn't like.  It was swapped out as you said or just not eaten at home.

However, I doubt that the egging of houses is being done by younger children.  Although there are some parents who let their kids out without any supervision.

Most egging and TP'ing happens later in the evening, I would guess.

@Cakers3  I have never had my house egged as a kid or as an adult.  I don't understand parents that let their kids run wild like that.  You would think they would be missing the egg carton and have a clue.  I wouldn't see the light of day if I had ever participated in anything like that.  I don't get kids without a healthy fear of consequences for bad behavior.     

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

@Laura14 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Who made up THIS list? Let me tell ya, according to the 10  year olds in my world, the candy they want is:

Tootsie Pops

Peanut Butter Cups

Snickers and Milky Ways

Butterfingers

War Heads/Nerds/Sour Patch Kids 

Kit Kats and M&M's are just ok (lol).

That's what we have and that's what we're giving out.

@SahmIam  I may be in a little bit of trouble then.  I have full size Hershey and Hershey Almond bars, Kit Kats and Reese's PB Cups.  I have the most of PB Cups so the kids better get to my house first!  Smiley Very Happy   

LOLOL. I do believe that a FULL SIZE bar of ANY of those will trump a snack size bar of the "in" candy ANY DAY.

I would be at your house SO FAST if I was a kid, lolol!! : )

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I knew Smarties was going to be on the list without even reading the article.  LOL

I love Smarties!  I used to tell my daughter she didn't like them, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  Her "point" was nothing but snark.

I read the list. I LOVE Smarties. My kids trade for them after the go Trick or Treating. The flavoried Toostsie Rolls are also something my kids and their friends like.  I posted my list to show what we were giving out AND to show that whomever created that list is wrong, lol. 

Oh @SahmIam, I took at her just joking around. It was about Halloween candy. I didn't think it was that serious and while I see snark on a lot of threads I didn't think there would be snark about Halloween candy. But then how can I forget about the toast and chopstick threads years back. I happen to be a fan of smarties and any type of chewy candy like Swedish Fish, Twizzlers, Starbursts and I do love the flavored Tootsies too

Oh yeah, I love that sour patch kids or any sour candy too. Just got my first cavity at 46 and my dentist told me those sour candies are horrible for eating away enamel. That won't stop me though.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  Her "point" was nothing but snark.

I read the list. I LOVE Smarties. My kids trade for them after the go Trick or Treating. The flavoried Toostsie Rolls are also something my kids and their friends like.  I posted my list to show what we were giving out AND to show that whomever created that list is wrong, lol. 

Oh @SahmIam, I took at her just joking around. It was about Halloween candy. I didn't think it was that serious and while I see snark on a lot of threads I didn't think there would be snark about Halloween candy. But then how can I forget about the toast and chopstick threads years back. I happen to be a fan of smarties and any type of chewy candy like Swedish Fish, Twizzlers, Starbursts and I do love the flavored Tootsies too

Oh yeah, I love that sour patch kids or any sour candy too. Just got my first cavity at 46 and my dentist told me those sour candies are horrible for eating away enamel. That won't stop me though.

Thanks, @Irshgrl31201, definitely no snark there. But her candy is fine according to the list Smiley Tongue I'll take any free candy anyone wants to give me!

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I knew Smarties was going to be on the list without even reading the article.  LOL

I love Smarties!  I used to tell my daughter she didn't like them, lol.

Image result for smartie pants costume

@CelticCrafter, that's funny!

Here's a cute costume - Smartie Pants.  LOL