Trusted Contributor

100 degrees in CA and they show winter clothes

That is great for me as I will not be spending any $!!! And, yes, I know that they always put fall clothes in stores at this time, ahead of the need for them.  Just can't stand looking at warm clothing when we are sweltering here.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 100 degrees in CA and they show winter clothes

[ Edited ]

My guess? People shop early so they are prepared when Winter arrives. I dont shop early for clothing but I do shop early for Christmas. I already have some gifts. (Because I budget by the month for gifting).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

It is not 100 degrees where I live and I bought two of the TSV's.  I Isaac's quilted jackets to throw on with jeans.  

Trusted Contributor

I 'opposite season' shop for some clothes. No one is buying winter coats in July, or sweaters, etc so the sale prices are great.

The winter coats are already out in the stores. I used to get my kids snowsuits in July, and they were about half the price of when everyone flocks out in October when warm clothes are in demand.

However....the Halloween costumes are out in Sam's, and that just infuriated me. Find me a kid that is thinking of Halloween and "what do they want to be" in July. They won't have a clue, it is summer! Kids live in the moment, by October they will have changed their mind 3 times! Costumes in July was a bit much.

I love Isaac's clothes, so I got 2 of the TSV jackets. If you go on the website a LOT of his clothes (last years sweaters and pj's was what I looked at), and they are on what I would consider an ACTUAL SALE price! Seeing that QVC thinks knocking 3 dollars off is a sale, there is stuff that are half price.

Isacc makes beautiful sweaters too. All his stuff is well made. At least what I have purchased from him has always been quality.

If anyone likes plain old cardigans, button down, his are down to $21.andchange with lots of the colors still available. It is hard to find a plain button down the front cardigan. His are nice and soft too. I grabbed 2 more colors.

Honored Contributor

It's not 100 degrees everywhere in California. It's been between 59-75 where I live the entire months of June and July so far. A summer "heat wave" here is 82.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

That is great for me as I will not be spending any $!!! And, yes, I know that they always put fall clothes in stores at this time, ahead of the need for them.  Just can't stand looking at warm clothing when we are sweltering here.

@kjae  If it would make you feel better, enjoy the endless parade of Santas and snowflakes well have to endure with Q programming the next few months.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Even the "summer clearance" stuff is GONE here.......and it was 107° today

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I think it's the way things are sold. After all, they do a Christmas in July. I think  it's a new start of the holiday season. It's just always to me, seemed that sellers of goods usually do things ahead of time.  Since they all want us to buy from them, it just seems to be the norm.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I wanna live wherever YOU live!

What are your winters like?

Was talking with my DH last night about my fantasy of moving.  Although I know it will never happen. We built our dream home in Maryland and, I really cannot imagine leaving.  This is his birth home and what family he has is here.

Normally, our summers are not so bad, but this year is wretched.  I dream of cool days and cooler nights, but those will come in the autumn.  For now, we are stuck in the high 90s.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman, I haven't lived through an entire winter here yet, but days would be mostly in the 50s and 60s in the winter, to 40s/freezing at night. It is sunnier here (if not warmer) in winter than summer. Odd!

It will get warmer here August into October - the high 70s/80 on the coast. Fifteen miles inland is a whole other story - just as hot as everywhere else, in the 90s right now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all