Honored Contributor

Re: ☕️Starbucks Sued Because Iced Coffee Has Ice In It

@millieshops wrote:

There ought to be a law -  against frivolous lawsuits and I think this one qualifies.  I have no sympathy for her and the rest of her "class" and I resent that my taxes go to pay for the court that has to deal with this.

I agree a thousand percent.  For crying out loudyou can see the size of the cup.  If you want more drink, order a bigger one and shut up.  This person should be ashamed.  If you don't like it don't buy it.  You are free to not buy something you don't like.  Case closed.

My main complaint is I can't get enough ice in anything.  McDonalds is the world's worst at not putting enough ice in.  You can BEG for more ice and get maybe one more crummy cube.  I live in the SOUTH and it is HOT and I NEED  ICE in my COKE!  Sonic is the only place I can get enough ice when I ask for extra ice.

Honored Contributor

First the footlongs at Subway were only 11-1/2 inches.

Now there is too much ice in.......iced coffee.

Dang - I keep missing out on opportunites to sue somebody.  I'll have to start bringing rulers and measuring cups when I venture out.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

next? # of cheerios in box

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We all know restaurants put as much ice as possible in drinks so as to not give away so much product.  However, I never saw a restaurant that wouldn't honor a request for no ice or just a little ice.  Many people want a cup of ice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

make your own iced coffee.

I do indeed make my own cold brew coffee the old-fashioned (24 hr) way and my own iced coffee - but I don't always feel like carrying the fixins' around all day when I'm not home.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We all know restaurants put as much ice as possible in drinks so as to not give away so much product.  However, I never saw a restaurant that wouldn't honor a request for no ice or just a little ice.  Many people want a cup of ice.

McDonald's refused my request for less ice and told me they were told (by management) that they could not give less ice in their iced coffee.

For soft drinks, fast food places over-charge everyone a price to encompass someone getting 2-3 refills, no ice. They make that up, and more, on everyone else.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I have been grumbling about that for years. My DD and I ran a "test".  We ordered iced drinks and then counted how many sips.  We each got maybe 2 and half sips of drink. If we waited a bit, the ice melted a bit and maybe another sip.  Even if you ask for light ice, there just seems to be less fluid in the cup.  It is just easier to never order anything iced at Starbucks!!  So I protest by not buying their iced drinks!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't say you will get a specific amount of coffee just the cup sizes.  I tell them less ice and after putting less ice then normal in they go back and add more coffee.  I can't imagine that person will win - but who knows. 

Respected Contributor

If you get a lot of ice in the drink, you either have a much smaller drink or if you wait for the ice to melt, you have a significantly diluted drink.  If the drink is cold to begin with, I'd opt for no ice.  If they won't do that, I'd go somewhere else - or make my own.

Honored Contributor

I generally get my drink without ice & then ask for a glass of ice or ice water to the side.  I think it's a stupid lawsuit, just ask for less ice or more ice..  to me it's a duh.   When we do do fast food, we put our own ice in our cups, mostly not much ice at all..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee