Esteemed Contributor

Re: J53401 - Sterling Silver Longhorn Necklace by AW

Been wearing this out and even sleeping in it - it holds up beautifully and has been admired.  It's a great "worry" piece, if you need a grounding source to touch.

@AppleBonkers:  I love the idea of a leather cord with this.  Maybe try a leather cord on it's own (even shorter), along with the necklace?  Or a great leather bracelet . . . I really find this to be an inspiring piece.

It reminds me of the shark's teeth (in feel) that were popular, and the Italian horns that used to be seen around.  It sends the right signal.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ordered this - I am relocating to my beloved Fort Worth (aka Cowtown) on 8/28. Paid for premium delivery so I can wear it on my journey.  Hope it gets here by then! 

The "symbol" for Fort Worth is the longhorn, so this is very special to me. I am also a huge fan of Georgia O'Keeffe...

Just love this piece. I've not purchased any AW or CP for a year or so, but this piece is very, very special to me.

Honored Contributor

I have a steer skull out back in the shed in case anyone wants to buy one and a ram skull in one of my bedrooms.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @LDOlvr - I think it's an exceptional piece and I enjoy wearing it often.  Hope all goes well with your move.

Another necklace I have, and love, is the Oz ruby slippers with red crystals, set in sterling.  There truly is no place like home.

@Kachina624 - if I could only find a rattlesnake skin I'd hang it on the front porch.  They're not common around here but I do know one when I see (and hear) one!  Hopefully the darn poachers on the night shift trying to "rat out" the flock of turkeys back of my house will come across one.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia. Believe it or not, I have a rattlesnake skin.  When we lived in West Texas, my son and his friend would go out into the desert looking for various reptiles and spiders (they worked in a pet shop and were nuts).  One day Robert killed this rattlesnake and mounted it on a board very nicely.  I believe it's somewhere in my garage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sold!

Cogito ergo sum