Honored Contributor

Independence Day TSV - American West Naja Necklace

Okay ladies - what do you think of the TSV?  I wasn't up at midnight for the TSV presentation.  At the time I am posting this - I've only seen Leah show the necklace with a few fashion items.

At first glance, now that I've explained how I am seeing it this morning, it looks really lighweight and the Naja looks thin (especially as compared to other CP/AW Najas).

Maybe I like texture and some level of oxidation more than other folks because the shiny beads are throwing me.

Many of you collect the more expensive and  gallery pieces.  What is your impression of the TSV?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Independence Day TSV - American West Naja Necklace

its quite expensive....(at least I think so) it should be heavy...I didn't see the midnight presentation, either...Leah just said we are ten minutes away from her showing it....

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay ladies - what do you think of the TSV?  I wasn't up at midnight for the TSV presentation.  At the time I am posting this - I've only seen Leah show the necklace with a few fashion items.

At first glance, now that I've explained how I am seeing it this morning, it looks really lighweight and the Naja looks thin (especially as compared to other CP/AW Najas).

Maybe I like texture and some level of oxidation more than other folks because the shiny beads are throwing me.

Many of you collect the more expensive and  gallery pieces.  What is your impression of the TSV?

Bird I posted on the other thread I don't care for the double row of silver going to a single row, and the contrast with the oxidized silver.  Too many design elements going on,  stick with 2 not 3+

but I am always drawn to the Squash Blossom design

Valued Contributor

I don't care for the double row on the beads plus they are just too shinny for me.  I am waiting for videos to show up on the new items.  I wish there was some way that new items would have a video a lot sooner, sometimes it takes days to show up.

Honored Contributor

extremey over priced IMO

Honored Contributor

I prefer the "traditional"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

something about it I don't care for and it's pretty expensive

Trusted Contributor

I know I'm the odd one out here but I like it very much.  Its on a smaller scale than the traditional and I like the shiny beads with the two layers going into one.  The squash blossoms are demure and pretty and the color is beautiful.  I can't tolerate heavy or big on me since I'm a bit small in stature so this one is perfect for me.  I'm staying at my brothers for the weekend festivities and he and my SIL saw it and they told me it was perfect for me too so they bought it as my early Christmas present.  How sweet!  I decided to get the earrings Jane had on and the other squash blossom enhancer for it too. 

My grandfather had a love for everything western and southwest so he had found the traditional necklace in NM when he was there around my 21st BD.  He bought it for me and though I loved him for it and it truly was beautiful, it was just too heavy for me.  My MIL loves it and after grandpa died, I gifted her with it and it really suits her. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is not my cup of tea, Bird ... I have the CP original and there is just no comparison.   I also have some hand-made najas from other designers ... not at all impressed with this CP design.

Honored Contributor

Flowershop - How lovely that your brother and SIL bought this as a gift for you.  There is no right or wrong, just personal preference.  I saw another new necklace that I find cute.  Perhaps the price will go down in the future.

Sterling Silver Multi-Gemstone Charm Necklace by American West

I like the leather cord in this one.  The dangly off of the enhancer, not so much.

Sterling Silver Leather Neckace w/ Turquoise Enhancer by American West

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise