Honored Contributor

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! I did DVR Carolyn's AW shows - and watched a little last night. A lot of great deals, and I certainly could have found some things, but I'm still trying to be good after Christmas shopping! Three things I learned:

1. Carolyn will have a TSV on January 28

2. She will be back with AW in February.

3 She is working with Fritz Casuse on one of his award winning rings to bring to us! (YAY!)

Love and blessings in 2016! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom.  And happy New Year to you as well.   It seems as though the popularity of Carolyn's jewelry has really waned.  I hate to see that but I suppose many are like me and have enough to last the rest of their lives. Heck, I've got things I've never worn.

i couldn't believe that Sleeping Beauty naja is now $700, wow, I think it was about $400, when I got it maybe 2 1/2  years ago.  Every time I see it, the price has escalated.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year ! I too was surprised to see how much the price has gone up on the Naja ! Several of the reviews said they returned it because they felt the value wasn't there for that price. I got mine early on but I would not pay what it's priced at now.

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year to everyone too...be safe...DW

Valued Contributor

Felice anno nuovo sistas!!!  Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!  Smiling Face With Halo

I too DVR'd the AW shows and watched them later in the evening.  I picked up a couple of clearance items on the Q, and then CP was running another fantastic 50% off clearance sale.  Grabbed just one or two goodies.  I'm a sucker for colorful beads... know they're not everyone's cup-o-tea, but I can never resist them from CP!  I already had the enhancer and thought it would be kind of pretty with this necklace.

Valued Contributor

Hey @Kachina624 - And how is our Misty settling in?  Still driving your other pups bonkers?  Nothing like having that energy around the house which can only come from the addition of a new furbaby.  She's SO beautiful.

Yeah several of us were chatting about how the naja (at $700) sold out!  Wow.  For once, we who were first to buy seemingly got the deal this time.  lol

I too have been wondering if CP's following has actually waned or has just moved elsewhere?  I know the FB following is still going strong (though I'm not a member myself).  But I do speak regularly with my long-time collector friends who once populated this board (miss them here!), and I have indeed noticed that some have slowed way down in their CP buying.  I'm sure there are different reasons why.  And, yeah, having too much of it to begin with has to be one of them!  Lawdy I wish that would stop me.  I'm going to be the little old lady who lived in her Safekeeper.  Confused Face But in all honesty, I have slowed a bit in general myself.  As you know all too well, those NA purchases, though beloved, are killers.

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5. Ali, your pictures are just perfection.  Everything is clean and perfectly polished, your color sense couldn't be better.  I'm a sucker for beads too.

Misty is showing a lot of interest in using some spreading junipers as a ladder to get up on the cinder block wall and out of the yard.  I have a landscaping crew coming Monday to cut them back.  The variety of things she has carried outside boggles the mind.  They're mostly covered with snow now.  The battle of wits has started and she's winning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AliJoi5. Ali, your pictures are just perfection.  Everything is clean and perfectly polished, your color sense couldn't be better.  I'm a sucker for beads too.

Misty is showing a lot of interest in using some spreading junipers as a ladder to get up on the cinder block wall and out of the yard.  I have a landscaping crew coming Monday to cut them back.  The variety of things she has carried outside boggles the mind.  They're mostly covered with snow now.  The battle of wits has started and she's winning.

@Kachina624  Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Smiling EyesI knew you had your hands full (in the best possible way) when I saw that photo of her smiling from ear-to-ear.  A very spirited breed indeed!  An old neighbor of mine had two merle shelties (one had a watch eye, which was pretty interesting).  Boy did they keep him busy.  Lovely coats... I always looked forward to their visits and was crushed when they moved away.  I must say though, I love the color of Misty's brown... like a warm caramel.  Will you keep her fur trimmed or let it blossom? 

Aww thanks!  lol  I get very into it, as you can see.  I even have this little studio set up where I take my pix.  (How sad!)  I guess this is what happens when you don't have children.  The energy has to go somewhere!  But really, I started photographing everything because when I would go to put together an ensemble, I couldn't remember what I had.  And I hate digging through and disturbing everything.  So now it's easy, I just go to my album (Photobucket) to see what pieces I want to put together.  I highly recommend it.  But then again, you have a life.  haa haa  Anyway!  I love interesting color combos with beads, which is perhaps why I'm so drawn to Carolyn's strands.  She really does have a great eye for color blending and blocking.  This one had been $415 (say what?) and was marked down to a more reasonable $199, then 50% off that (bingo).  I'd wanted it for a while, so I was super excited to see it included in the sale.

Have a great night, my friend!!!