Frequent Contributor

Tour de France -- Any fans here?

Don't have a clue which forum to use for this. Any one of you a loyal viewer of the tour? I only tuned in half way through it this morning. The time trials stage is not my favorite but Jens Voight certainly is. I was so delighted to hear his voice. Now if they could just get Andy Schleck to participate somehow I would be even happier. Hate it when my favs retire. Any Andy sightings this morning?
Respected Contributor

Re: Tour de France -- Any fans here?

Oh yeah baby - just love Tour de France. The whole race is fantastic. I am from U.K. So watch out for Team Skye and my sprinter Mark Cavendish but just love the whole thing. A real great race with great participants. I record it. early a.m. Then sit down every lunchtime and watch with a cup of tea! Love it. Hope you Andy is back too.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been to France many, many times. I'm a true Francophile. I'm not a a bicycling fanatic but I am a scenery fanatic. I watch Le Tour de France every year so that I can see the gorgeous scenery.
Respected Contributor

I think a great vacation would be to just follow the Tour - it is on my bucket list as Vivian Florimond said the scenery is gorgeous.
Frequent Contributor

Love that mark cavendish. And he was so cute holding his baby -- was that last year lol? Seems like it but might be mistaken.
Frequent Contributor

Dulwich, where would you plop yourself down? The mountain stages are my favs to view on TV so that might be my selection if ever I was so lucky.
Honored Contributor

We were traveling in Europe and came upon the guys who were cycling in the Tour de France.  It was so strange riding along (my late husband was driving in one of the few minivans in Europe....Ha! back then) and we were surrounded with guys in similar colored shirts and bicycles.  What a sight!

We were also in Europe during the (whatever it is called) famouse Tennis Tournament.

It seemed like we must have been on their route because this happened a few times.

Those guys were (at times) going very, very fast.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder

its on now on NBC, I don't have the dedicated sports channel this year so I will have to see if I can watch some other way.

I love to watch it espcially the mountains. 

I see they have a rider from Africa

Respected Contributor

Hi Moon Child - I love the mountains too and seeing them zoom down - also would not mid being behind the pelatpn (sp)? looking at those butts! Probably get banned now - nice to see Africa in the race - looking forward to tomorrow. Question - is there any rider you just cannot stand?
Honored Contributor

It's not the Tour de France but (I think as important) I live a few miles from the park where the policeman from Brazil died while biking in the World Police and Fire Games.  He was racing downhill (at unbelievable speeds) when a tire blew out of one of the competitor's bicycle and it caused a collision between the other cyclists.  Two local policemen were taken to the hospital in critical condition.

These heroes come from all over the world to various cities to compete with each other at top athletic skills.