Respected Contributor

The Bold & The Beautiful --- August 2015 (includes spoilers)

Well, can Ridge get any more rude and arrogant? I can't believe he tore up Thomas's drawings! Would a parent tear up a drawing a small child did and say it wasn't good enough? What difference does it make that Thomas is an adult?

At least Caroline looked at it and made suggestions. I'm sure Eric would have done the same with Ridge. What makes Ridge better than everyone else?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- August 2015 (includes spoilers)

Spoilers for the week of August 3:

~ Brooke advises Caroline not to get ahead of herself when it comes to Thomas and Ridge.

~ Thomas challenges Ridge on several levels.

~ Caroline learns her divorce from Rick is final and considers her future.

~ Ridge reacts to the news that Caroline wants a child.

~ Brooke hints to Zende that perhaps Ridge and Caroline aren't meant to be.

~ Vivienne warns Julius to keep his negative thoughts to himself as Maya's wedding hour approaches.

~ Rick receives an apology from Bill, but accuses Katie of being the one behind it.

~ Bridget Forrester returns for her brother's wedding.

~ Steffy continues to feel uneasy when Ivy won't stop hovering.

~ Maya's father could ruin her wedding day.

August previews:

~ Forresters and Spencers are reeling from Aly's antics.

~ Love grows for one couple and possibly another.

~ A long-standing rivalry cools considerably while another heats up.

~ Another Forrester family member returns home.

~ A wedding takes place in the Forrester living room but will there be a marriage? "It's a big week in soap history," shares a rep from the show.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Lainey,

I think this whole Ivy/Steffy story line is stupid.

Why wouldn't Steffy have just told the truth to the police? She totally acted in self defense...

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Lainey.  Ivy needs to shut up or put up.  I wish Steffy would tell the whole truth, though.  If she hit Aly, it was self defense.  Funny how Ivy has forgotten that Aly went after Ivy.  The face that no police are hovering around leads me to believe that this will not go beyond the family.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Suddenly, it seems like the writers are making Ivy out to be sinister (well, sort of).  How can she be so "in your face, Steffy is guilty of murder" when she saw first hand how obsessed for blood Ally was regarding Steffy?

They need to move on from this, but I think it's just starting.  How long is Thorne here for?  That's how long this story line is going to last.  I like Thorne.  Maybe he'll hook up with Brooke, again.  He needs a woman!  

Maybe he can get some Liam's left over's after Wyatt gets Liam's left overs then comes Wyatt (he's been waiting) then Thorne.

Ever think about these people's names?  I've never heard of a Thorne other than this show.  How about Ridge?  Ridge Smith?  doesn't work, does it?

Honored Contributor

@dakotacheryl wrote:

Thanks Lainey,

I think this whole Ivy/Steffy story line is stupid.

Why wouldn't Steffy have just told the truth to the police? She totally acted in self defense...

dakotacheryl, I've been saying the same thing!  Even if Steffy told the truth, it was still self defense!  But notice, there are no police involved which leads me to beleive that this is just internal family stuff.  Ivy has done a total mental makeover!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hope I'm not butting in on this thread, but speaking of Ridge, anyone else think the actor playing him doesn't fit...at all. I've tried to be open minded but I can't see him as the character of Ridge. 

Honored Contributor

Reba....butting in...NEVER.  We like it when everyone joins in.  Welcome.  

We've discussed this from the time he joined B&B.  I can only speak for myself.  I said at the time I read several interviews by him and he said Bill Bell was going to go for someone very opposite to Ronn Moss because he knew the replacement would be compared and he felt if he was very opposite people would accept him more.

No, most of us (well I do) still like Ronn Moss the best but it's obvious he isn't going to come back, so we don't have any choice but to accept him.  He doesn't fit at all.  Especially since his son got back, then you have Thorne, they just seem very different from statue, appearance (pretty) from this Ridge.

Anyone else want to give their ideas?

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

Hope I'm not butting in on this thread, but speaking of Ridge, anyone else think the actor playing him doesn't fit...at all. I've tried to be open minded but I can't see him as the character of Ridge. 

Reba055, in the beginning, when he first took the role, I would have agreed with you but now, I think he's fine.  He's a much better actor than Ronn Moss, IMO.  Ronn Moss seemed to just walk through his lines sometimes...no energy in his voice...monotone.  But I watch almost daily and got used to his mannerisms and the small accent.

Oh, and you're not butting into the thread.  Join in anytime.

Valued Contributor

I've liked the new Ridge ever since early on when Eric his dad came back from some where and Ridge gave him a kiss on the head...seemed so genuine and loving....and he's not pretty...don't find pretty men manly.

Couldn't stand Ron Moss when he would wear the stupid scarves and his voice was not appealing to me. Looked good without a shirt on though LOL.

I like Thorne...wish he had a bigger role. Obviously the writers are after the youngest of the viewers.