Super Contributor

THE PARADISE Will Return for S2 on PBS

As Hooty pointed out on another thread, the broadcast in America of Season 2 (a.k.a. - Series 2, as it's called in the U.K.) of The Paradise had been in doubt, but whatever issues existed apparently have been resolved.

S1 episodes and S2 video previews are available at:

www.pbs.org/wgbh/.../series/paradise-s1/

http://blogs.weta.org/tellyvisions/2013/11/18/paradise-will-return-series-2-americans-get-your-first...

============================================

Monday, November 18, 2013 | by Lacy Baugher

Series 1 of the lavish department store drama The Paradise just wrapped up this week on Masterpiece Classic, so it will probably come as good news to fans of the show that the story’s not over yet.

The department store drama has already been renewed for a second season, thanks to strong ratings on BBC One last year. The drama, which averaged nearly six million viewers per episode in the UK, will return with eight new episodes in Series 2 (in fact, the new season is currently airing in Great Britain as we speak – er, type.)

As those who have watched the Series 1 finale know, Series 2 is already shaping up to be quite, um…dramatic. Read on for details -and just so you know, there be spoilers ahead if you haven’t finished Series 1 yet!

Series 2 will be set a year after the dramatic events that occurred in the drama’s first year finale. The Paradise wrapped up its first season in high style – Moray jilted Katherine and chose Denise, Lord Glendenning became awfully powerful in this episode by taking ownership of The Paradise store (and presumably kicking Moray out, once he finds out about that whole Denise thing). Dun dun dunnnn.

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PARADISE Will Return for S2 on PBS

Oh I am glad to hear this, thanks for the info, Keri!

Super Contributor

Thanks, keri!!! I love this show, too!! Now, we need a date, I assume after Call the Midwife just like last year.

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed this show. I liked it so much better than Mr. Selfridge.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks...was wondering about Season 2! One of my favorite shows....

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much for this great news. I liked it so much I paid to download the first episode
Esteemed Contributor

Loved the Paradise. So glad it's coming back, now that Downton is over. I hope it will be on soon.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth