Honored Contributor

Sherri Shepherd To Pay Child Support

Sherri is not my favorite person but I do feel bad for her. A judge has ordered her to pay child support to estranged husband Lamar Sally. She will pay $4,100 a month and $4,600 when the child turns 13. The judge found her to be the legal mother of the child she has no biological connection to. She is pursuing a case against Sally claiming he defrauded her to agree to the pregnancy for financial reasons. He should be ashamed of himself. She has bad luck in choosing men. I feel bad for her son Jeffrey.
Super Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd To Pay Child Support

I like Sherri and feel bad for her situation. IMO she was taken to the cleaners, and the judge drove the car. I don't get it -- but do understand the responsibility. The amount is over kill. Her ex won't be using much of that $ for the child. She had few options in this situation.
Respected Contributor

I don't feel sorry for her having to pay. The child shouldn't suffer for her poor judgement.
Honored Contributor

Good, this child deserves to be supported by both parties that entered into the contractual agreement with the surrogate. I have no sympathy for her attempting to abandon this child. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

$4100 per month? What will his portion be. If he still has no real job, that will be zero for his portion. Sherrie needs to stay away from men since she sure can't pick them. IMO, he railroaded her and she allowed it. Oh, I bet he's a very happy man.

ETA:  I was reading about Chris Brown earlier regarding getting a judge to give him custody of his daughter or something.  He doesn't pay $4100 per month if memory serves me and he is the biological father.  What baby needs that amount of child support to live well?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the amount has to do with what the parent can afford, not what the child needs to live on.  so if she makes so much money that she can, presumably, afford $4K per month on her child, that is what the child support is.  

ETA: It does not matter legally if she is the bio mom or not.  If she is the LEGAL mom, she is liable for child support.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I definitely think the child should be supported and taken care of. I think the amount is excessive. Also I believe he was a writer at one time, is he even working?He doesn't feel badly about taking so much money from Sherri? I don't have any respect for him.
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the hard nosed one here.  To me, the moment you do it the old fashioned way or the new fashioned way, the moment you lie down or walk into an office to have a child, you take on the responsibility of being a parent.  Not the kid's fault you don't like each other anymore.  

If some day the ex meets another woman who wants to adopt the child and therefore relieve her of her financial responsibilities, then good for her but until then it was their decision, their joint responsibilty.  

I can never support kids being disposable in a divorce situation.  You picked each other and then you choose to create them.  Own it, pay for it, and love your kid.       

Super Contributor

Speaking of Chris Brown, his little one is a doll 😊
Honored Contributor

Am I the only one here who thinks this guy was looking for a meal ticket?