Honored Contributor

When Elizabeth was listening and he said Drimelza (his wife , I can't spell her name) was the love of his life - best scene ever. of course the loss of the baby was so sad. I was also happy that his sweet cousin had found happiness. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SPOILER - Poldark finale

[ Edited ]

It was a great episode, and I actually cried when they lost the baby.  (Odd, because I usually only cry when animals get hurt or killed.)

But the best news of all is that Poldark will be back for another season!  Yippee! 

Respected Contributor

Excellent episode last night; been thinking of it off and on all day.  I usually only tear up with the death of animals, but wow, when Julia died, when Ross said Demelza was the love of his life, when they rode by the sea with the little ribbon she had embroidered for Julia......yes,so  beautifully sad.  Terrific show.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the final episode too.  Sometimes I'm lost on what's really going on but this finale I totally understood.

I was surprised that I didn't cry.  It was sad but I think I'd have been more upset had there been more interaction between the baby and the mother at the end.  (Just me).

I looked up the actor that plays Poldark.  I wanted to learn more about him and was surprised at some of the movies he's been in.  He's had the same girlfriend for 3 years.  She's the lead actress in Penny Dreadful.  I've never watched that show (too dark for me).  I watch too many dark shows as it is.

Evidentally, he gets teased a lot about the river scene, which was rather nice.

Esteemed Contributor

I was crying along with the rest of you! Smiley Sad

I thought it was a bit contrived that George came by and sort of hit on Elizabeth.  It seemed out of the blue to me.  Anyone else?

Glad that ship wrecked!!! 

When will the show be back?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

esmeralda - my DH has always called me esmeralda for a nickname and since we are retired he has started to shorten it to Essie. It is no where near my actual name so people are surprised when he calls me Essie, and I answer.

Honored Contributor

George was also "hitting" on Elizabeth at the ball.

Strange and unfair for Ross to blame Demelza when it was Francis who betrayed, not only Ross, but the others who had nothing to do with it and were his friends.

Valued Contributor

Excellent episode last night. So sad it's over for the year!

crying-face.png

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also loved the last episode and was surprised to learn that it will be continued.  I wasn't ready for that prolonged hiatis.

There are two things that I dislike about the show.  One is the cinematography:   it was tooooo dark in some scenes that I could not tell who was in the scene or what they were doing.  I know there was no electricity then, but I was praying for it.  lol

Second is the editing:  it's just too choppy in some scenes.

Both of those important technical productions (to me, at least) are a turn off for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

esmeralda - my DH has always called me esmeralda for a nickname and since we are retired he has started to shorten it to Essie. It is no where near my actual name so people are surprised when he calls me Essie, and I answer.

That's funny!

Keepin' it real.