Honored Contributor

MOVIES - Boyhood - *Spoilers ok*

I recently caught the movie Boyhood on one of the Premium Cable channels.

Is it just me?  First of all, I was almost totally bored throughout most of the, almost 3 hour long, movie.

Secondly, while I have respect for the actors, I did not see ANY Academy Award worthy acting in this movie.

Then it just ended - BAM.   Flat.  

While I did stick with it for the duration, it is a block of time that I wouldn't mind having back.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MOVIES - Boyhood - *Spoilers ok*

I really liked Boyhood. I thought it was amazing for the same actors to film over such a long period of time. I also thought the writing was superior. I, however, felt the way you described your feelings when I saw Birdman. I thought it was really boring.....way over-rated. Wished I had that time back....I guess everyone has different likes and dislikes, right?
Trusted Contributor

Nope you're not alone. I was ok with Boyhood for the first 2 hours then I wanted it to be done. Then it was done but not really in a satisfying wayl.

I HATED, H-A-T-E-D Birdman too. Very overrated in my opinion and that of my hubby too.

Esteemed Contributor

I finally saw Boyhood (via Red Box rental). I did not think I would like it at all. (I am not a fan of Patricia A), but I really liked the movie. So much so that I want to buy it and rewatch.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Well, I AM glad that some people liked this movie!   It just never grabbed me.  Hard to tell why.  Sometimes I get bored easily and then I think I mentally check out.  Smiley Happy

I haven't seen Birdman  yet, but I've heard that it's another one that either you love or cannot stand.  I'll probably give it a look-see whenever it's on Premium Cable or Netflix streaming.  I do like Michael Keaton, and always have.

Another of the current ones that was just a little bit of a disappointment was the JK Simmons movie.  Darn, I cannot remember the name.  Anyway, I love love love him but I didn't really love the movie.