Trusted Contributor
This is a war movie based on a true story. Although I thought this was a good movie there were a lot of very disturbing scenes. The end had a very sad, but nice tribute to those Navy Seals.
Honored Contributor

My DH and I saw this film last Friday. I thought it was EXCELLENT, people in the theater applauded. I see it as a view into what it takes to be a Navy Seal and a tribute to those who were lost in Operation Redwing. Yes, lots of shooting, bombing, blood, etc. but you also see devotion, determination, and dedication of these heroes. The training these guys go through is brutal. And for what we did see, there's a whole lot more that we didn't. The bond between these brothers is on a level not many of us will ever know. How fortunate that Marcus Luttrell was rescued by the Afghan man who was at the right place at the right time and that that man lived by the practice of Pashtunwali. Marcus was insistent that the tribute was included. Reading the names, it was sobering to see the ages. I'll probably go see it again before it leaves the theaters. For once, a movie with value. I highly recommend it.

Contributor
Just saw the movie today. Extremely we'll done.... Did you notice Marcus himself in a couple of scenes?
Honored Contributor
On 1/18/2014 redsnapper said: Just saw the movie today. Extremely we'll done.... Did you notice Marcus himself in a couple of scenes?

Yes, I was able to pick him out right away and point him out to DH.

Valued Contributor
I won't see, but for selfish reasons. My dh was a military officer, and I was employed with Navy Relief Society, working with families most often that lost a service member. We came into Camp Lejeune area after the Beruit bombing in 1983, that was the beginning of many incidents that left a mark in my heart. So many hard working men and women have been lost in varied duties. I respect all branches and the support their families give to them, and many sacrifices made. It just hits too close to home for me.
Honored Contributor

DH and I saw this tonight. I grew up in a military family, and DH was in the Army. Fifi - thank you for all you've done for those families. I know you made a difference. What a powerful story - I'm so glad the American public will get to see what it's really like. I think a lot of them don't realize. We've had a number of friends involved in covert operations. It's a scary thing. Ordinary men - and brothers. Their duty and heart for their mission is to be commended over and over.

Just a quick aside - because I wanted to know. The Taliban leader was later killed in Pakistan by Pakistani forces.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/14/2014 Lori K said: This is a war movie based on a true story. Although I thought this was a good movie there were a lot of very disturbing scenes. The end had a very sad, but nice tribute to those Navy Seals.

War is he11.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the movie yesterday, and I thought it was great. In fact, I'd like to see it again. At the end, the theater was completely silent. I saw a lot of tears as people were leaving. Everybody should see it.

Super Contributor

Saw it last week wiht my son who is a Marine that deployed twice to Iraq and worked with Seal teams on many occassions. This was one of the first movies that I have watched with him where he was impressed with how accurate they were able to get it....and I think it was because Marcus Luttrell was advising on the majority of the movie. Yes it was brutal and hard to watch, but so is war....our theater was silent as the movie ended. I thought it was a very good movie.

Super Contributor

My husband and I saw it yesterday. Great movie. Very hard to watch. I could never have watched it if I had a son in the military. I want my son to see it to see the reality of war. He knows several guys from high school that are in the Marines.