Super Contributor

LAW & ORDER: SVU Casts Harry Hamlin as Rollins' Former Boss

Nov. 6, 2014 by Kate Stanhope TVGuide.com

Rollins is getting another blast from her past on Law & Order: SVU.

/></p> <p>The NBC drama has cast <em>Mad Men's</em> Harry Hamlin as Rollins' former boss, Deputy Chief Patton, TVGuide.com has learned.</p> <p>Rollins (Kellie Giddish) will be contacting her old superior in <em>SVU</em>'s Dec. 10 episode, titled

The episode will also feature returning stars Peter Gallagher and Peter Hermann, the husband of star and producer, Mariska Hargitay.

Best known for his work on L.A. Law, Hamlin was nominated for an Emmy last year for his performance as Mad Men's Jim Cutler. He is also set to appear on the upcoming season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, on which his wife, Lisa Rinna, is a new cast member.

SVU previously introduced a different colleague from Rollins' past when she traveled to Atlanta for a case in the second episode of the season.

Law & Order: SVU airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on NBC.

Super Contributor

Re: LAW & ORDER: SVU Casts Harry Hamlin as Rollins' Former Boss

I loved L A LAW!! It will be nice seeing him again! A little o/t but did anyone notice Kelly Giddish on a recent episode on The Good Wife? She played a love interest to Kalinda.
Honored Contributor

Yes gig, I noticed her immediately. Thought she did a good job! Harry Hamlin pops up every now and then.

He was the love interest of the young man and Jimmy's father on Shameless. He was also the father of Rush on the canceled TV cable show Rush.

Like I said, he pops up here and there. Keeps him busy. He's a good actor.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I thought it was Giddish's first time on Good Wife, but I was wrong, she was on there a few times before in the same role, I was quickly corrected right here on this forum.

LA Law was one of the best, it was quite outspoken back in its day in 1986, fabulous ensemble cast and the first David E Kelley show.

Esteemed Contributor

They had such great crime shows and law shows then. Not a thousand characters, just good cases too win. Today they deviate from the original that made them popular and come in with so many characters and different plots, and no courtroom drama anymore. I am starting to not watch Good wife anymore.
Super Contributor

David E Kelley had some terrific shows! I loved everyone of them! (Great theme songs, too!) I didn't remember Kelly Giddish on any previous Good Wife episodes, either, Shelbelle!
Super Contributor

Here are TGW eps in which Giddish appeared:

The Good Wife (TV Series)
Sophia Russo

- The Line (2014) ... Sophia Russo
- A New Day (2011) ... Sophia Russo
Esteemed Contributor

Love him!

Super Contributor

On 11/7/2014 gig2750 said: I loved L A LAW!! It will be nice seeing him again! A little o/t but did anyone notice Kelly Giddish on a recent episode on The Good Wife? She played a love interest to Kalinda.

I also loved LA Law!!! It will be nice to see him back