Contributor

Gwen Stefani Files for Divorce From Gavin Rossdale

Gwen Stefani has filed for divorce from her husband Gavin Rossdale, TMZ has learned.

Gwen cites irreconcilable differences in her divorce petition, which seeks to end their 13-year-marriage.

Gwen, who's repped by attorney Scott Weston, is asking for joint custody of the couple's 3 kids -- 9-year-old Kingston, 6-year-old Zuma and 1-year-old Apollo.

Gavin, who's repped by disso-queen Laura Wasser, filed his response at the same time, and he's also asking for joint custody. It's clear the petition and response were orchestrated to be filed simultaneously.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup, so the 50/50 California community property laws kick in. 45-year-old Gwen is worth a reported $80 million, and 49-year-old Gavin's worth an estimated $35 million. Given the length of the marriage, that will probably all go into one pot before it's divided.

Gwen checked the box on the form to deny Gavin spousal support.  

In a joint statement they said, "While the two of us have come to the mutual decision that we will no longer be partners in marriage, we remain partners in parenthood and are committed to jointly raising our three sons in a happy and healthy environment." 

From TMZ.

Other info NOT mentioned in this post:

In 2004 a paternity test revealed that Rossdale was the father of a then 15-year-old girl named Daisy Lowe.  This was discovered two years into their marriage. 

In 1995, Boy George wrote an autobiography revealing that Rossdale had a gay affair with singer named Marilyn in which he first denied.  But in 2009, Marilyn confirmed the affair and said it lasted five years.  Rossdale later confirmed in 2010 saying it was "part of growing up."  Marilyn says he was "the love of his life."  What's interesting is that Marilyn is from Kingston, Jamaica and Gavin and Gwen's oldest son is named Kingston.

What is also interesting is that Gwen files for divorce just weeks after Blake Shelton files for divorce from Miranda Lambert. Gwen is returning to "The Voice" for the next season in Sept.

Thoughts??
Honored Contributor

Re: Gwen Stefani Files for Divorce From Gavin Rossdale

I don't like Stefani, can't put my finger on it but I like The Voice much better when she is not a judge........

Honored Contributor

This is interesting and sad.  I buy all of the rag magazines (yes, I'm one of those) and I've seen over the years how much she loves caring for her boys and being a Mom.

I have often felt like he was a fish on the end of a hook and she was constantly trying to 'reel him in' and keep him out of trouble (as in with other women).  I always had the feeling she probably had to look the other way on more than one occasion.

She has a very young child (just a few years old now).  I was surprised when she got pregnant again.  My guess (what do I know) is that she thought she could have a girl (I can see her with a girl).

She is so beautiful and always seemed classy to me (compared to some of the other lead singers (the Black Eyed Peas girl (forget her name) has been known to pee right on stage before (my daughter told me that shes scuzzy (a family word)).  Ha!

I like the way you post.  You do good background information.  I think I'm like you because I find just about everything and everyone interesting.  Would I want to be friends with any of these people.....NO!  The do enter my home (via TV) sometimes so I find them interesting.

Hopefully he'll stay in touch with his sons and not let them down.

I've always found it fascinating the way Victoria Beckham is able to hold on to her family.  I guess it often depends on the man and what he's made of.  Some men are tempted but they like being married and having a family more than (you use the word).

Honored Contributor

Maybe he went back to men?

Contributor

That's what everyone on TMZ says. But it is odd that she files weeks after Blake did from Miranda. I doubt they would be a couple but still suspicious.

Contributor

Thank you liking my info! I just go on TMZ every few hours. My guilty pressure!

Honored Contributor

I was thinking he might have went back to men too. I knew about and have seen a pic of the guy he claims was the love of his life. They both looked pretty feminine at the time. I've always liked Gwen. I know the way she looks is over the top but she seems like a nice person.

Honored Contributor

Don't really care about either of them, but I hope they sort things out.

Honored Contributor

Very sad!  Always sad when there are children.  I have always liked her and even though her style was always kind of quirky, I have admired her and I liked her music.  She really has quite a fashion and perfume empire as well.  She's seems hard working and seems a good role model for younger girls.  I never really thought they seemed a good match.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

i am sorry to hear this.  i always thought they looked sort of solid.  but then what can you tell from a photo here and there.  

@Annabellethecat66 ... i read those mags too!  because of that, it seems that i know way too much about stuff that i really shouldn't know anything about!