Valued Contributor

Finally saw this on cable - wow, amazing film.  Hard to watch, but amazing story, acting & cinematography.  Rooney Mara & Daniel Craig both - incredible.  Robin Wright is great too, although her part was pretty small she brings a lot to it.

Any other fans of the film?  Also now that I've seen it, should I read the book?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

I have watched this movie several times I find it extremely interesting and mesmerizing at the same time.  It never gets old.  I have not read the book.

Trusted Contributor

Agree, good movie. Didn't catch it when it first came out, but watched it this year.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

Loved both versions of the movie (first was foreign made). Loved all the books, too. Usually books in a series decline in interest as the series progresses (think Outlander, Clan of the Cave Bear), but the Dragon ones just got better and better. I'm sorry that the author died after only three books in Dragon.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

I did not realize there were additional books.  I've got to get them, my feeling at the end of the film was, I wanted to stay with these characters, or at least Lisabeth.

Super Contributor

There is a new book coming out September 1 - The Girl In The Spider's Web - same characters - but, of course, written by someone else.  Looking forward to it - I read all three books and enjoyed them.  Hope this is as good.

Trusted Contributor

Good movie! I actually liked the movie better than the book, which is rare. Mind you, I liked the book, but I found it a little hard to get into at first. I've only read the first book in the series. 

Honored Contributor

Loved the movie!!!!!! Watched it several times , it is dark, and deep but very very good, and Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig were excellent in their roles. I am so glad that Rooney was nominated for an Oscar for this role, it was very deserving. It must be quite hard to play such a dark character like that. I felt bad for her in the end though, because she really loved him!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I've watched the movie several times. Very good film. I think Rooney Mara got robbed of the oscar by Meryl Streep. I had never heard of her till this film and her skill at acting was phenomenal. I have also read all the books. The last one, Hornet's Nest, was harder to get through. But I recommend them all if you're interested in the whole story of Lisbeth.

Honored Contributor

@Buttercups  Thank you... this looks good... can't wait to see it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~