Valued Contributor

Re: Did Anyone Watch Poldark?

I've seen all the episodes on a pirate site.  I read ours will be shown in 7, rather than 8, episodes.  So I hope that means a 2-ish hour season finale, and not a loss of material!  A second series is on order.  So, more to come.

Spoiler
Robin Ellis, the original Ross, plays the judge in a trial scene, involving a poaching incident.
Jud and Prudy, the servants, become less comic, with hints of domestic violence.   Aunt Agatha is less loving, more sinister.

Warren Clarke, who plays the Uncle died last year.  I'd just seen him in a repeat showing of The Jewel in the Crown series.

As I mentioned on another thread, Last Tango in Halifax comes back next Sunday.

Respected Contributor

Crimson Field was great! Loved Poldark, too.
Respected Contributor

I forgot too thanks for the reminder!

Honored Contributor

I watched it and loved it!  It's my new Outlander!  I just knew that woman would end up being beautiful.

It is the same old same old story, but it seems to e well done.

Valued Contributor

What is it on?? Channel?

Valued Contributor

It's PBS, Sunday nights. Ross Poldark, a British soldier, presumed dead, returns home to Cornwall after our Revolution. His father has died. The estate is in ruins. The family mine is flooded. His fiancee is engaged to his Cousin Francis.
Valued Contributor

Re: Crimson Field -- Downton Sightings. Mr Mosley, the footman, (Kevin Doyle) is the unit's commander. Spratt (Jeremy Swift), the Dowager's butler, is the Quartermaster.
Esteemed Contributor

My PBS was holding a fund raising weekend so I missed it.  But will see it next weekend.  Can't wait for "Last Tango", truly one of my favorite shows!

Frequent Contributor

I have DVR'd this one but got to see "Crimson Fields" and loved it. I got hooked on these british shows with Doc Martin and the Midwives.  This may be in the latter's catagory. I enjoyed the period pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, enjoyed the first episode.  Look forward to more.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust