Esteemed Contributor

Days SPOILERS, week of 06/29/2015

Is Xander going to through Serena under the bus?

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Days SPOILERS, week of 06/29/2015

I prefer he's going to tie her to the railroad tracks because our OT, while capable of throwing idiots off the edge of the Cnyn, I can't imagine her running anyone over.

There is a thread on Daytime Royalty I recommend to everyone called something like "This is what we know for sure."  Read for yourselves but this is some of what I learned:  For those not familiar "on contract" means they are staying around as lots of others will be popping in

Peter Reckell is on contract (boooooooooo)

Stephen Nichols is on contract (yayyyyy)

they have cast a young guy to play Joey

Martha Madison (Belle) is on contract

Claire will be 15 and the casting call says she has to be able to sing

Ciara is being aged as well as Theo  (weeeeep, i love Lauren Boles)

it is believed that Thaao will be Andre but it could, and I hope it is, misdirection and he's Tony or both would be best.  He is only referring to himself on Twitter as "DiMera son" hahahaha

The guy who plays Aiden is leaving when his contract is up (sorry, Snow!)

A. Martinez is definitely Rafe's father

Camilla Banus (Gabi) is back on contract

and this one makes me want to retch:

it appears Rafe & Eve will indeed be a couple.  Ewwww!

and supposedly -- and this is perhaps the biggest head-scratcher -- Caroline's Alzheimer's will have been a misdiagnosis and she does not have it at all.  It's not as if they followd through on the story, anyway!

Hope EVERYONE has something here to delight or intrigue them.  And that lifers like SuzieQ will come back.  There's no question DAYS is going back to its roots, now it's a matter of execution -- will we want to execute the new head writer or not?  hahaha, I make myself laugh.

Honored Contributor

OT, I miss you and your bus so much. I see the bus in my mind via lori's bus with wings, heaven bound. (thanks, lori, I loved that).

And my o my isn't that interesting what you just posted. Not sure what you meant by just staying around (on contract). Hopefully some won't stay long.

I read not long ago that Rafe is going to be increasingly attracted to Hope. Guess that was wrong. And I guess Bo Brady will manage to oust Aiden if he's leaving. When first Hope sees Bo, I hope the first thing out of her mouth will be, 'this better be good.' Like, where were you?????? What a jerk he is.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome, Jud.  When I saw that image, even though I had been searching for that very thing, it blew me away.  I'm glad it brings you a small measure of comfort.  It's what I see in my mind when I think of her too, now.

Sticking around is on contract.  Even with a contract the person can be fired every thirteen weeks but generally that doesn't happen with established stars like Peter Reckell (booooo) and Stephen Nichols.  

So no one knows if Jason Cook (Shawn-Doughlas) is on contract or is he just popping in?  There are gong to be lots of pop-ins.  What DR has done is nail down those who are staying for good.  

I have always thought Hope and Rafe have great chemistry.  And can't stand the actress playing Eve and she's still there :shudder:

But everything we're seeing is the old, now fired, awesome going-to-turn-the-show-around regime who have been fired and replaced by the person THEY replaced who was supposedly going to turn the show around.   It makes the head spin around.  A zillion unemployed soap writers and they bring back the next-to-last head writer they fired.  

If it's true about Rafe and Eve, and it seems to be, their couple name can only be Reve.  How ironic.  The French means "dream."  For me it's my worst DAYS nightmare.

Honored Contributor

lori, tell us again when we'll see the work of the new writers?

Honored Contributor

Not sure if it's end of August or sometime in September.  When this team came in I read they were able to rewrite a few weeks of scripts not yet taped (remember the murder of Stefano?  everyone touching the gun and that lovely opera music so well edited?  except he never got murdered!   that was one thing this team was allowed to rewrite, and I can't remember others but there were).  So it all depends on whether they rewrite any of this team's stuff or not, which may come out or we may never know.

Wow, so much waffling, I want an Eggo!

Honored Contributor

You're in rare form today, lori.

If this board keeps jumping around I'll need a jumprope-never saw anything like it.

Image result for emoticon jumping rope

Respected Contributor

Can't wait for Aiden to leave.  Wish Eve was going with him.  Looking forward to seeing Bo & Patch, Shawn Douglas, and Tony again.  So sorry to see the young actor who has played Theo so very well, leaving.  Maybe Zander & Serena die.  Wish they would hire decent writers.

Esteemed Contributor

Eve and Rafe's name should be "Evfe" which sort of rhymes with EEK!

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Eve and Rafe .eww. That is a odd couple. I love all the characters coming back. I loved Shawn and belle. I hope they don't mess with their relationship.