Super Contributor

DOWNTON ABBEY - S4 Starts Tonight - Sunday, Jan. 5th 2014

After a veeeerrrrrry loooooong wait, finally it's here!!!! The fourth season of Downton Abbey begins tonight, Sunday, January 5th at 9 PM ET on Masterpiece Classic on PBS and repeats at midnight in some areas (check your local listings).

As a special treat for fans, today's Parade Magazine and the current issue of Entertainment Weekly (Jan. 10, 2014; #1293) also feature DA cover stories. Entertainment Weekly offers "The Obsessive Viewer's Guide to Downton Abbey," with an "Exclusive S4 Preview ~ Meet Mary's S*xy Suitors ~ Season-by-Season Recaps ~ Special Report From the Set." Meanwhile, Parade promises readers "Secrets of Downton Abbey - If those castle walls could talk, here's everything you need to know about PBS'S (sic) hit Masterpiece series."

Respected Contributor

Re: DOWNTON ABBEY - S4 Starts Tonight - Sunday, Jan. 5th 2014

Can't wait!
Super Contributor

So excited. I can't believe it has been one year.

New Contributor

Counting the minutes until the season begins. I will not be doing any shopping tonight while Downton Abbey is on.
New Contributor

Counting the minutes until the season begins. I will not be doing any shopping tonight while Downton Abbey is on.
Respected Contributor

Oh I am loving every minute!
Respected Contributor

Awesome!!
Super Contributor

Please, someone tell me I am not the only one who doesn't understand the fascination with this program. All I have heard about for the last few months is DA is coming back so I thought, OK, try it again, maybe Season 4 will be the charm.

I have watched every episode waiting be be drawn in and it hasn't happened yet. I find every character (except maybe Branson) annoying and just about every plot line ripped off from the great 70's series "Upstairs, Downstairs". What is it that makes this so popular?

I do like the fashions.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/5/2014 Linders Back said:

Please, someone tell me I am not the only one who doesn't understand the fascination with this program. All I have heard about for the last few months is DA is coming back so I thought, OK, try it again, maybe Season 4 will be the charm.

I have watched every episode waiting be be drawn in and it hasn't happened yet. I find every character (except maybe Branson) annoying and just about every plot line ripped off from the great 70's series "Upstairs, Downstairs". What is it that makes this so popular?

I do like the fashions.

Linders Back - I so agree with you! I think that anyone who saw "Upstairs, Downstairs" was forever spoiled!

DA, to me, is the "Twitterization" version of "Upstairs, Downstairs." I try to imagine what I would think of DA if I had not seen "Upstairs" and I guess without the comparison it would seem like a decent show.

But unlike "Upstairs," this DA series lacks both storyline and character depth. Last night's show was pitifully trite, imo.

But the sets and fashions are wonderful. Just wish the storylines were, too!

Respected Contributor

I never watched Upstairs Downstairs until this past fall on Netfilx. I couldn't get through one epsiode. But I do enjoy Downton Abbey