Valued Contributor

Commercials That Make You Say EEEWWWW

I will never purchase another Schick razor.  Am I the only person that the Schick Commercial nauseates?   I am speaking of the commercial of the 3 girls in bikinis with the small topiary trees in front of them that they are trimming.  The one girl is using the Schick with the bikini head on it.   Just my opinion but this is not what I want to watch during a break from a show while eating my snacks. I always thought I was open minded raising children but this is just TMI for daytime TV..  

I have no problem with a Bikini razor being on an ad, but it is the presentation that is over the top.  Really embarrassed  when DDs had they BFs over watching TV and the commercial came on.  

Anyone else have commercials they find unbearable? Would love to hear what they are.

Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials That Make You Say EEEWWWW

Hannah and her horse

Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree with you on this, Moroco.  I'm no prude, but this commercial is, as you say, over the top and just inappropriate.  I can understand how you would feel uncomfortable seeing this with  your daughters' boyfriends.  There is nothing cute or funny about the commercial.  It's just stupid and has a real "ick" factor. 

Honored Contributor

Where to start?  How about the toilet paper commercial where they send the people in the cubby hole to take off their underwear and "go commando".  That makes me want to vomit.

Then there's the toilet paper commercial that has the knick knacks talking about something....it's just creepy.  I thought for sure they'd pull the stupid thing and low and behold they made another one with yet another knick knack!  you must be kidding.

There are so many.  The one you guys mention is terrible too.  Those toilet paper commercials talk about skid marks!  What??

Nothing is personal anymore.  You guys know the shows I watch and what I like.  I don't think anyone would ever call me a prude.  These things go way beyond even bad taste.  

Anyway, now you know how I feel.  There are a lot more I can't think of them.  I don't watch many commercials anyway.  I usually try to change the channel, but often I'm not quick enough.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you, Moroco. I do not care for that commercial at all. EEEWWWW indeed!

This commercial is not icky, but I can't stand it! It's the one with the couple advertising the Samsung washer with the built in sink on top. The guy runs in with the kid's bear that has juice on it and they wash it in the stupid washer sink. Know the one I'm talking about? Every time I hear the start of the music I grab the remote. I watched Wimbledon non stop and I swear that commercial was run every other time. If it wasn't that one, it was the one with Flo from Progressive Insurance on that stupid motorcycle. She and Squirrel here drive me nuts!

Uhhhh, me thinks I may be watching too much television.  HA! 

Honored Contributor

Local lawyers screaming at ya' about "don't settle for a tiny check, call me I'll get you a bigger settlement". We always laugh and say 'yeah, for one third or half of the settlement.

then , car salesmen bellowing at the camera about saving money "come on down to Billy Bob's for a car deal".

any kind of erectile dysfunction pill too. This woman laying on the bed cooing to the camera to all the men that are having trouble. EWWWWWWWW

That **** dog hollering "BACON,BACON" ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't shut him down fast enough. Mutt............

Honored Contributor

I think it's pretty safe to say none of us consider each other prudes.  So that's one thing.

Now, here's what I want to know.  Who in the world OK's these commercials?  Who runs right out and buys this stuff because of these commercials?

Things have gotten crazy!

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I think it's pretty safe to say none of us consider each other prudes.  So that's one thing.

Now, here's what I want to know.  Who in the world OK's these commercials?  Who runs right out and buys this stuff because of these commercials?

Things have gotten crazy!

It's the 20-somethings who now work in advertising and think that talking in detail about bodily functions to sell products is funny/cool/hip.....

What about that Trivago guy?  Unshaven, shirt hanging out of his pants open to show his chest, greasy uncombed hair, nasty-looking jeans.....he looks like he slept under a bridge.  In WHAT world does a company think that a person looking like that should represent their product on TV??

Ugh!!

Super Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Hannah and her horse

Yeah, I want Rob Lowe back!!

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with all of you and I will add condom ads and KY gel - ads are just too much. In all fairness to the Trivago guy, he appears in a a German soap opera and this is/was his appearance for that show.