Honored Contributor

BIG BROTHER 17 STARTS TONIGHT!!!

Well, technically it started about a week ago, but we finally get to see some of what's happening tonight. On tonight's show we'll get to meet all of the houseguests and see them explore the redesigned BB17 house. We'll get to see who the fifteenth and sixteenth houseguests are. (The hot rumor is Jeff and Jackie from last season's The Amazing Race.) We'll see Audrey tell the house that she used to be Adam and the reactions to that revelation.

We'll see some early alliances formed and then the show will conclude with the first HOH comp of the season. Then we have to wait until tomorrow night for the next episode and then finally, very early Friday morning the live feeds will finally turn on. Here's hoping it's a good year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: BIG BROTHER 17 STARTS TONIGHT!!!

And once again I am reminded of the fact that I am soooo happy that I don't fall pray to this reality TV that seems to have taken over the nation.

Actually, TV in general if not real, informative, etc. doesn't seem to be worthy  these days, but it does free up a great deal of time for other wonderful things, hallelujah !!     Heart

Honored Contributor

Big Brother is a nice, escapist diversion from the real world (and I could use that diversion right about now) as the soap opera that is BB plays out. The beauty of TV is that if you don't want to watch it you don't have to. Lots of people enjoy the variety however and the nice thing about BB with the live feeds is we can see what's really going on as opposed to what production wants us to believe.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Yay!  

Trusted Contributor

Big Brother is one of my "escapes" from real life.  If only for those few hours per week, my mind can go to another place.  There are very few TV shows I really like, and now that I admit it, most of them are what I call "fluff" TV!  They are shows that I don't have to think deeply about, or reason about, or try to figure out ....they are just....well.....fluff!

I've had lots of disappointments, problems, etc. in real life lately, so a few hours of this type of TV is a big help to me!

Gman, do we know for sure that Audrey outs himself/herself on tonight's show?

Lori, thanks for letting me know that Jud was looking for me yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Looking forward to it! I hope this cast is more interesting than the past couple seasons.Smiley Happy

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Redhead - Then please save yourself and don't "fall prey" to reading about reality TV that has taken over the nation.  Take that time you saved by not watching it and read things that interest you Smiley Tongue

Regular Contributor

Gardenman - as always, looking forward to your BB posts. I always find what you have to say more fun than the show! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Big Brother is one of my "escapes" from real life.  If only for those few hours per week, my mind can go to another place.  There are very few TV shows I really like, and now that I admit it, most of them are what I call "fluff" TV!  They are shows that I don't have to think deeply about, or reason about, or try to figure out ....they are just....well.....fluff!

I've had lots of disappointments, problems, etc. in real life lately, so a few hours of this type of TV is a big help to me!

Gman, do we know for sure that Audrey outs himself/herself on tonight's show?

Lori, thanks for letting me know that Jud was looking for me yesterday.

Julie said that Audrey would reveal her secret to the houseguests on the first night, likely during the champagne meeting in the living room. I'm pretty sure that's what will happen. We don't know how far along in the process Audrey is, so she may be still physically male, which would definitely be noticed in the house. She may also need to shave her face regularly which would likely make things pretty obvious to the other houseguests.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I am so excited that it finally starts tonight - been counting down the days.  I had stopped watching TAR for a couple of seasons but did watch the last one due to the "blind date" concept and really liked Jackie and Jeff so I hope it's true they will be on BB.  Was hoping Audrey would keep it quiet for a while because I'd like to see her stay for a while and revealing that might send her packing early.  Time will tell.