Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else excited for Sue Grafton's release

Hard to believe it's been over thirty years since Sue started this series ... and I've read every one!  

It all started when a good friend and co-worker brought in some used paperbacks to the hospital where I worked, to distribute to patients.   I casually picked up one ... A Is For Alibi ... and started reading.   Well, that began the long-term love affair with Kinsey and all her characters.

I'm looking forward to the August 25th release date of X ...

Honored Contributor

I have a hold on it a the library.  Looking forward to reading it.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Hard to believe it's been over thirty years since Sue started this series ... and I've read every one!  

It all started when a good friend and co-worker brought in some used paperbacks to the hospital where I worked, to distribute to patients.   I casually picked up one ... A Is For Alibi ... and started reading.   Well, that began the long-term love affair with Kinsey and all her characters.

I'm looking forward to the August 25th release date of X ...

shoekitty said

I know what you mean about getting hooked on this series.  What really adds to the specialness is each release is about 2 years in the making.  They are not pumped at a rapid speed.  The characters are so likable, and the plot interesting and creative.  I will dig up this thread sometime in September again to see how everyone liked it.

Occasional Contributor

I cannot wait.   I have both the audio and book version on reserve with my library.    In fact, I am also re-reading the series -- am at "C is for Corpse."    

Respected Contributor

I can't wait either--I love the Kinsey series!

Honored Contributor

Yes! She's coming to my town for a book signing and I realized that when I saw her for a Q is for Quarry book signing it was my very first book signing! Since then, I've attended talks or signings by Lauren Bacall, Dan Rather, Dave Barry, Jimmy Carter, Juan Williams, Michele Norris, Commander Chris Hadfield, Walter Mosley, and dozens and dozens of others.

I'm definitely going to see her.

Honored Contributor

I am excited!  Less than 2 weeks and the book will be released!  As I said, I bought the unabridged audio CD.  As soon as I get it, I am going to make my husband take me on a trip so we can listen to it in the car!

Respected Contributor

I got an e-mail from Amazon yesterday telling me that I would have my copy no later than 9/1....as an added bonus I only paid $9 and change for the hardcover. Looking forward to curling up with a ton of snacks and Kinsey's latest adventures.

Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

I got an e-mail from Amazon yesterday telling me that I would have my copy no later than 9/1....as an added bonus I only paid $9 and change for the hardcover. Looking forward to curling up with a ton of snacks and Kinsey's latest adventures.

Nice.  $11.99 for the ebook for me.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Danky wrote:

Nice.  $11.99 for the ebook for me.

It should have been $19 + but for some reason $10 was deducted at checkout . They called it a Prime bonus or something. 

When you have an e-book I assume you read it on your device but do you get to keep it stored forever ? Is it like having a bookcase full of books in your computer ? 

I'm wondering, in my quest to rid my surroundings of stuff, if this should be my new direction welcoming myself to the 2000's !