Valued Contributor

Al Roker Birthday Observation

Did anyone else think his birthday celebration on The Today Show this morning seemed a little forced? To me, he just didn't seem all that enthusiastic about all the hubbub. Also noticed that there was no happy birthday from his wife, Debra Roberts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Al Roker Birthday Observation

I usually watch Today in the morning, changing channels when something cringy, human interest, or that low calorie/low fat food person comes on. What she does to food is enough to make one gag.

This morning's celebration was too much like that so I didn't see much of it.

Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 MathisFan said:

Did anyone else think his birthday celebration on The Today Show this morning seemed a little forced? To me, he just didn't seem all that enthusiastic about all the hubbub. Also noticed that there was no happy birthday from his wife, Debra Roberts.

Is it possible because she is employed by ABC, she could not appear on NBC?

Valued Contributor

On 8/20/2014 lulu2 said:
On 8/20/2014 MathisFan said:

Is it possible because she is employed by ABC, she could not appear on NBC?

I wouldn't think so but I guess it's possible. I was just kind of surprised there was no mention of her whatsoever.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was odd that there was no mention of her at all too. I also thought that it was odd that he referred to his kids as ""my"" children rather than ""our"" .