Honored Contributor

Has anyone read the above book? Is it worth reading ? I do like mysteries.

Respected Contributor

It was "okay."  In a Dark, Dark Wood by the same author is better, imo.  I get my books through the library and/or overdrive system, so they are free.  If I don't like something, I just don't continue to read it.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with @Ainhisg.  It was good but didn't merit the hype.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Woman in Cabin 10

[ Edited ]

I agree.  Not nearly as good as her first book In A Dark Dark Wood I think was the name.  It is a page turner but not much substance.  I would recommend this as something to take on an airplane or bus ride.  You won't lose the sense of the thin plot.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Same here- just ok. 

Super Contributor

Re: Woman in Cabin 10

[ Edited ]

I quit listening to Woman in Cabin 10 early on.

In a Dark, Dark Wood was much better.

Trusted Contributor

I waited a long time for my turn to get it from my library. There was so much hype about this book. I must say I'm very disappointed in it. The main character was not very likable IMO. Towards the end, I really didn't care what happened. It's a reminder to not always buy into hype because not everyone likes the same type of book.

Esteemed Contributor

@FindingMyJoy et al, don't you just hate when the second book is such a disappointment???  LM

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reviews, this was in my list. I think I'll read In A Dark, Dark Wood instead.

Trusted Contributor

I had this book on hold at the library, while reading In a Dark Dark Wood.  I thought IADDW was poorly written. I figured out the killer before getting halfway through it.  I didn't even want to finish it, but stuck it out.  I immediately cancelled the hold on Cabin 10.  Glad I did since it sounds like it wasn't as good as IADDW.