Amazon Kindle

Your sources?

Contributor

Re: What are your book sources?

Bookbub

Valued Contributor

Same here, @Sthomaslover.  

Also, I subscribe to DelanceyPlace for the daily email book excerpts.  

Esteemed Contributor

I use Overdrive a lot.  I recently tried out the Audible app for audio books from Amazon, but I didn't care for the narrators of the books I selected.  I'll keep sampling for future books, though.

Our community has lots of the Free Little Libraries throughout town.  I've gotten my last couple of books there, and I've made lots of donations.  I've found and left audiobooks, as well as paperbacks and hard covers.

Trusted Contributor

I only read actual books (no kindles, which give me headaches) and I buy all of my books used.

Free little library (there's one right down the street, as another poster mentioned.)

Public library used book store (our town has a very nice one.)

Thrift stores (Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.)

Ebay, or used on Amazon.com 

Yard sales (once in a great while)

Once I have read books, I am happy to donate them back.  They help good causes.

Valued Contributor

I started using an eReader when some of the branch libraries in Charlotte, NC closed due to funding issues. 

Ended up joining the Orange Co, FL library for my ebooks (Overdrive). It's $125 a year and they have thousands of ebooks books as well as audiobooks.  

Respected Contributor

Alibris, Amazon, public library, used book stores.

Honored Contributor

E Books from the public library
Honored Contributor

Do any of you use StoryBundle to buy books? Jason Chen, a former editor for Gizmodo and Lifehacker came up with the idea for Storybundle a few years ago. He typically packages one known book (in the upcoming Political Thriller StoryBundle that starts September 7th and runs through November 11th it's Allen Drury's 1960 Pulitzer Prize winner "Advise and Consent") with a number of selected lesser known novels with a similar theme and sells the whole bundle for less than you'd pay to buy more than two or three of the books separately. 

In the upcoming StoryBundle the known book ("Advise and Consent") typically sells for $9.99 but for a few dollars more you get that and I believe nine other novels. (Including my political thriller "Sara X" assuming everything goes right.)

It's a clever little concept and reportedly is growing in popularity each month. Readers get a known book that they're likely to love and a number of other similar books that Jason and the bundle curator (in the case of the political thriller bundle that's Nic Tatano, a writer for Harper Collins) have sorted through and selected. You can get a lot of reading for a fairly small price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!