Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2017

@chihuahuamom wrote:

I started The Sleeperwalker last night and do you know I stayed up nearly all night and read the whole thing!!  It was really good and I couldn't put it down. 

@chihuahuamom, author?

Trusted Contributor

Finished The Good Girl by Mary Kubica. Another wow!

Also read The Nazi Officer's Wife. 

Valued Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@pateacher

oh don't worry! I'm sure they're more different than alike, as there are the other character's stories in Lilac Girls. The one in the camp was only one of them. Please please read it!!

@sunalaI finished Mischling  I thought the characterization was excellent, especially that of Stasha and , to a lesser degree, her sister Pearl. I was disappointed in the ending.  After the long build-up to the end of the war,

I thought the author tied up her story too abruptly and neatly.

I have now started A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles.  A Russian count is tried by the revolutionist and is sentenced to life, which is an anomaly since death is the usual sentence.  He, however, is ordered to serve his sentence in a very post hotel.  

Looks intriguing so far.

Respected Contributor

THE GOOD LIFE  Marian Thurm (thanks to recommendation on this site, really good!)

THURSDAY'S CHILDREN  Nicci French

THE DRY  Jane Harper

THE MARRIAGE LIE  Kimberly Belle

THE WICKED CITY  Beatriz Williams

Super Contributor

Y'all...it's taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get through  Alison Weir's The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn. It's really good, but for whatever reason, it takes me longer to  read non-fiction. Is that just me?!  Yeah...it probably is! Smiley Tongue 

Anywho....just wanted to check in! Woman Very Happy

Occasional Contributor

@smoky22 I read The Bear and The Nightingale and loved it!

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed listening to "The Dry" by Jane Harper - run out of town following the mysterious death of his teenage girlfriend, Aaron Falk returns to his small Australian hometown upon the death of his former best friend and alibi. Are the two related? Falk investigates with the local detective.

I thought the book was well written and the story (and conversations) realistic.
Valued Contributor

Lily's Mom, the author of The Sleepwalker is Chris Bohjalian. 

Honored Contributor

Copycat, by Kimberla Lawson Roby

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@bella-luna wrote:

Y'all...it's taking me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get through  Alison Weir's The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn. It's really good, but for whatever reason, it takes me longer to  read non-fiction. Is that just me?!  Yeah...it probably is! Smiley Tongue 

Anywho....just wanted to check in! Woman Very Happy

@bella-luna

You are not alone!  Sometimes I have to force myself to finish non-fiction. Give me something with a plot any day!