Super Contributor

Re: What are You Reading? February 2017

Read Iron Lake by William Kent Kruger.  Loved it. It's number one in his Cork O''Connor series..  

Valued Contributor

Just finished Jonathan Kellerman's Heartbreak Hotel, an Alex Delaware story.  Top notch Kellerman, as usual. It kept me reading.  I started it last night and pretty much didn't put it down.

I've read several this month.  Lisa Gardner's Right Behind You.  Outstanding!  Thanks for the recommendation on this board.

Medical Medium by Anthony William.  Read this on Kindle, but will be purchasing a hard cover.

Thank you, again, to this board for Ordinary Grace. What a story and one that stays with me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@sunala Thank you for recommending this book, I put a request at the library and I am next in line, sounds good!

@CareBears-  you're welcome, but which book are you referring to?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@sunala Thank you for recommending this book, I put a request at the library and I am next in line, sounds good!

@sunala Sorry, I was referring to "Lottery".

Super Contributor

I finished The Hound of The Baskervilles and I loved it! I'm awaiting Wilkie Collins' The Moonstone from Amazon, but it's not getting here til Tuesday, so I might have to start something else. So many books, so little time...amirite?! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@sunala Sorry, I was referring to "Lottery".

@CareBears- oh that's wonderful! I hope you will get it soon, and that you will love it as much as I did!

Respected Contributor

@bella-luna wrote:

I finished The Hound of The Baskervilles and I loved it! I'm awaiting Wilkie Collins' The Moonstone from Amazon, but it's not getting here til Tuesday, so I might have to start something else. So many books, so little time...amirite?! Woman Very Happy

I love The Moonstone.  Also The Woman in White. Every once in a while, I try to read (or reread) a classic in between all my other books.  But as you said, there are so many books, and my holds always seem to come around in bunches.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego wrote:

I just finished listening to "The Girl Before" by JP Delaney, based on the posts about it here. 

It was fine. Like others, I had a hard time getting into it at first.  Don't really see how Ron Howard could be interested in it.  I guess everyone is looking for their own "Gone Girl" or "Girl on a Train", but those books, whether or not you liked them, were written well.  "The Girl Before" is just a good story - albeat one I had a few problem with (which I will comment on in the Spoiler thread).  There's nothing wrong with that - perfectly good way to spend a few days.  Just don't see it as a feature film with an A list director - but then again, Hollywood also made a movie about Joy Mangano, so what do I know!!  Ha Ha!!

@Alter Ego- I also don't understand all the hoopla about this book. I read it very recently and although it was good, and it held my interest, I wouldn't say it was spectacular. I certainly don't understand either how Ron Howard is going to make a movie from it. To me, the main character of the book was the house, not the women who lived there nor the owner of the house. It's almost as though the house had a mind of its own. I just don't get it.

Super Contributor

@smokey2016 Thanks so much for your input! I have The Woman in White sitting on my shelf, but I really wanted to read The Moonstone first. :-) You know...that happens to me too. When I find some books I want to download from my library, without fail, the ones I put on hold come all at once! haha
Honored Contributor

@kitty45 wrote:

Read Iron Lake by William Kent Kruger.  Loved it. It's number one in his Cork O''Connor series..  

@kitty45

I loved this one also.  I have his second book of the series Boundary Waters on hold at the library.