Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? March 2017

@pateacher wrote:

I have read almost half of The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers.

@pateacher Thanks for the recommendation I had not heard of this book, and have added it to my Wish List.

Valued Contributor

Must have missed the last couple of Alex Delaware books by Jonathan Kellerman..looking forward to starting Heartbreak Hotel tonight..how has Alex & Milo been doing?

Valued Contributor

appm wrote:

After listening to friends rave about John Sandford's Lucas Davenport books, I decided to read the first one.  Loved it.  Reading them in order.  Now on book #5 - I think he just published #26, so I have a long way to go.

Planning on a trip to Barnes & Noble for the newest M. C. Beaton book and Charles Todd's newest.  Also, Jacqueline Winspear and Ann Perry are coming out with new books this month.  Looking forward to a lot of reading.

LOVE Lucas Davenport! Think I will go back & start over!

Respected Contributor

@pateacher  thanks to you, I requested that my library get The Second Mrs Hockaday.  And they did!  I'm on waitlist for it now.  It sounds really good. 

Frequent Contributor

@Evie2004 I am enjoying Heartbreak Hotel. Always enjoy catching up with Alex and Milo. Hope you enjoy it.

Valued Contributor

I finished ONCE  GONE, book 1 ,by Blake Pierce, there are 4 in the series. Very good mystery. FBI female agent and partner work a interesting case. Kept the mind trying to figure out things!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am enjoying an audio podcast play series (6 episodes) of The Handmaid's Tale by Atwood at the present time.  I understand that Hulu has a movie based on the book premiering in April.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Trusted Contributor

I read The Fireman by Joe Hill. He is Stephen King's son and he seems to be carrying on the family tradition pretty well-but not as well as his dad-yet.

I also read the Happy Hour Choir by Sally Kilpatrick.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Trusted Contributor

The Perfect Girl by Gilly McMillan

Gilt by Association by Karen Rose Smith (3rd in Cozy Mystery series by this author)

Now reading The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan

Esteemed Contributor

I pulled the bookmark on The Road to Gap Creek. I loved his other Gap Creek book, but this one didn't hold me. I may try it again at another time.

Now I'm reading The Life we Bury by Allen Eskens. It's a story about Joe, a young college boy who has a miserable home life (drunken mother and autistic brother who needs constant care) but manages to work hard and continue his studies. He has an assignment to interview a stranger and write about his life. He chooses a convicted murderer who committed a heinous crime. He is dying of cancer, and living in a nursing home for his final days. The two of them develop a relationship...and the murderer decides to tell Joe his story...that's as far as I've gotten.

This book really pulled me in, and I keep running back to it to read a few more pages.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett