Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- June 2016

Finally got around to Dr. Phil's Life Code.  Interesting...

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

Two books I am reading back and forth:

Ashley Bell (Dean Koontz)

Mayday (Demille and Block)

Both pretty good.

@chihuahuamom Mayday is one of Nelson DeMille's first books, and I thought it was excellent. I knew from Mayday  and Charm School that he was going to become a very famous author Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

Sunula, I have read many of his books (DeMille) and wanted to read this one, so asked the library to get it (they did). I am really enjoying it and not really surprised at the direction it is taking.  It's beginning to make me really MAD at all the self-centeredness. I am not finished with it (got sidetracked by Ashley Bell) and hope everyone gets what they deserve! Haven't read Charm School either so that will be next.  I guess the books of his I read are more recent ones.

Honored Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I'm reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.  It was made into a movie that is currently playing.  The book is great and when the movie is available on DVD I'll probably rent it so I can compare the book to the movie. 

If you have not read all her others than please do, you will not be disappointed.  She has some before and after this work above.  My favorite by her is "The Last Letter From Your Lover"  happy reading.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Catty2 wrote:

I'm reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyes.  It was made into a movie that is currently playing.  The book is great and when the movie is available on DVD I'll probably rent it so I can compare the book to the movie. 

If you have not read all her others than please do, you will not be disappointed.  She has some before and after this work above.  My favorite by her is "The Last Letter From Your Lover"  happy reading.

@beckyb1012 and @Catty2 I couldn't resist adding that my favorite Jojo Moyes book is One Plus One.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper (Phaedra Patrick).  It is a charming book, and that isn't intended as a pun.  The title refers to a charm bracelet.  This book reminded me a little of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Rachel Joyce).  And Harold Fry reminded me of The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy, which I also loved.

Now I'm reading the 2nd in the Spellman Files series, Curse of the Spellmans (Lisa Lutz).

Honored Contributor

I just finished The Children by Ann Leary.  Enjoyed the read and it had an unexpected ending.  Now on to Happy Family by Tracy Barone.  I can't remember where I heard about this book.