Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- February 2016

Thanks, @smoky22, and no, that was the first book, Suspect that I asked about. The sequel, no one has said. I am hoping The Promise isn't to Maggie and why he might do that.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline I hope dawg lover  sees your post and responds.  I think she's the only one who posted that she read The Promise.   I will say that Roberet Crais doesn't seem like the kind of author who would do that to you.  Besides, didn't you write to him and threaten him (lol)? 

I've read 3 of the Elvis Cole books by Robert Crais and I'm pretty sure he will not let any animals die.  (Elvis has a rather mean, independent cat, who is hilarious).  I understand that The Promise is the first crossover book which features the character he introduced in Suspect and also the characters from the Elvis Cole series.  It should be a really good book. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline@smoky22, I read The Suspect and enjoyed it.  I don't think I have read The Promise.  I agree with Smoky.  He probably would not kill the dog.  I looked for nanswer yesterday but couldn't find it.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom @smoky22 Well, I guess there's only one way to find out. "Geronimo!"

Esteemed Contributor

Waiting for the Juan Martinez book to be released on February 16.

Honored Contributor

I just finished Hush Hush by Laura Lippman.  This is the latest in the Tess Monaghan series.  Her books are an easy enjoyable read. I am going read some of her stand alones next.  

Respected Contributor

Finally finished Lisa Lutz's Heads You Lose which I started late January (I think).  It was a collaboration between her and her ex (alternating chapters).  It was amusing since they wrote notes to each other at the end of every chapter.  It was well written and never read a book like this before.

Going to read Emilie Richards Touching Stars next. 

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed The Flying Circus by Susan Crandall. I have read Whistling Past the Graveyard, but I am not familiar with her other books. Guess I will check into them.

Frequent Contributor

I've been reading the Charlotte and Thomss Pitt series by Anne Perry. It's a series of myster/crime novels set in Victorian London featuring a police inspector and his wife who helps out on his cases somewhat clandestinely. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

I really enjoyed The Flying Circus by Susan Crandall. I have read Whistling Past the Graveyard, but I am not familiar with her other books. Guess I will check into them.

@skyblue, good to know.  I have this waiting in the wings.  LM