Respected Contributor

What Are You Reading --- February 2016

This book thread is started on the first of each month.

Some suggestions for posting here:

~ underline, bold or CAPITALIZE the name of the book you're reading - it makes it easier for us readers to see what it is

~ include the author of the book - there are so many books with the same title (if you are recommending a book we want to make sure we read the right one!)

~ post a few words about the book - would you recommend it or not?

~ tell us the book genre - is it a mystery, romance, historical, biography, etc.

***There is no obligation to do any of the above!

As always, all posters are welcome here.
------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was just sitting here and realized it's February! So a little late with my monthly post.

I'm just starting Best Laid Plans by Allison Brennan.

Happy reading all! laineyHeart

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- February 2016

Just started Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham. I like it so far. Next up is Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline. It sounds like it will be a good read.

Trusted Contributor

I have started to read a book I have been wanting to read for a long time. Is a signed book by the author called BEDPAN COMMANDO by June Wandrey. Is the story of a Combat Nurse during World War 2 and her experiences. Very interesting and goes from the battlefields of North Africa, Sicily, France, Germany, the despair, sadness and the triumphs. I was always a history geek though,

Respected Contributor

Only for psychological thriller lovers; THE WIDOW by FIONA BARTON.  Halfway thru & can't wait to finish this!  This will be released 3/1/16.  

Respected Contributor

Great mystery by Lisa Gardner:  FEAR NOTHING.  Her mysteries always leave you guessing---fascinating twists.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I just finished The Big Short, which was infuriating but great.  I just started Stateline by Dave Stanton.   The first few pages are good but it's too soon to tell.  I'll update after I finish.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal

I saw the Big Short yesterday.  

Trusted Contributor

Just finished Memory Keeper's Daughterby Kim Edwards.  Little heavy but a great read - couldn't put it down!   Now I'm reading Pontoon by Garrison Kellor.  Opposite end of the spectrum - light, funny, quick read.  Both books picked up at GWS.  Love to get my books there - cheap, usually $1.50 or less, great selection.  Only drawback - you have to take the time to browse - they are not categorized other than fiction/non-fiction.  After reading them, I donate them back to my local libary for their semi-annual booksale! 

Honored Contributor

Along the Infinite SeaBeatrize Williams

The Forgotten Room: A NovelBeatrize Williams, Karen White, and Lauren Willig

Both excellent books.
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Innocence, by Dean Koontz.

I hadn't read any by Koontz for a while, and reading this now brings back my love for his wonderful ability to write clear and intelligent prose, as well as the kindness he has toward all of life.  I find this fascinating for someone who writes mostly in the horror genre.  (Most of you know of his great love for and amazing relationship with his late Golden Retriever, Trixie, about whom he wrote a whole fabulous book.)

Motive, by Jonathan Kellerman

This is another in Kellerman's Alex Delaware series.  Delaware is a psychologist who assists the LAPD.

I tried one of the Golem books by Kellerman and his son, Jesse.  I couldn't get into it.  I find many of Jesse's books have a streak of, almost, meanness.  Maybe it's not intentional and I'm sure he is probably a very nice person, but in his writing it's almost as if he is trying too hard to be edgy and it becomes harsh. 

ETA:  

@gmkb  I thought you might like to join the discussion.  :-)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.