Trusted Contributor

Highly recommend the book.

Respected Contributor

I couldn't finish it.  I got to the middle of the book and stopped there.  I don't want to give away anything with my review. 

Honored Contributor

Did you know there was a thread on this under tv and movies and they removed it because they said it was a duplicate of a thread?? A movie, not a book. Evidently they don't know what they're doing.

Frequent Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Did you know there was a thread on this under tv and movies and they removed it because they said it was a duplicate of a thread?? A movie, not a book. Evidently they don't know what they're doing.

@Judaline I didn't see it but if it was a duplicate thread it's a standards violation to do that and they always delete duplicates.

Called "crossposting" - same thread in more than one forum.We're supposed to pick one forum and post the thread only once. 

Honored Contributor

My point is, they are not savvy enough to know  we are talking about two different things- a movie is not a book, even if the movie is based on the book. People want to know, 'did you like the movie?' 'did you like the book?' They are clueless.

Super Contributor

I hated the book and quit when I hit the major twist!

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Frequent Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

My point is, they are not savvy enough to know  we are talking about two different things- a movie is not a book, even if the movie is based on the book. People want to know, 'did you like the movie?' 'did you like the book?' They are clueless.

All I know is they have a policy against the same conversation started in more than one forum and I wasn't sure if everybody knew that which was my point. Smiley Happy 

I think the OP could email them if she wanted it changed?

Honored Contributor

Started it but never finished it.

Trusted Contributor

It is controversial.  I won't put any links here, but you can google.  Many Christians are saying to see this with discretion.  It has to do with the theology of the characters that represent the Trinity.  I had no desire to read the book or see the movie personally.

Esteemed Contributor

A friend of mine was raving about the book she saw the movie after she read the book and now I am interested to go see the movie rather than read the book first.