Esteemed Contributor

The Girl Before *************SPOILERS!!!!****************

Hi everyone, there's a thread with a discussion about this book, and some people said they wanted to discuss the ending.

Okay everyone, GO!!!!!!

I think I got the ending, and I'm wondering what was mysterious about it. Let's hear it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: The Girl Before *************SPOILERS!!!!****************

I just started this book a few days ago and am having trouble getting into it.  So, I won't read this post again until I'm finished. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

I just started this book a few days ago and am having trouble getting into it.  So, I won't read this post again until I'm finished. 

@Catty2good idea! I hope you enjoy the book.

Respected Contributor

@sunala, I haven't started THE GIRL BEFORE yet, I am still waiting for anyone who has read BEHIND HER EYES that has got me stumped.  Let me know when you read it!  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@sunala, I haven't started THE GIRL BEFORE yet, I am still waiting for anyone who has read BEHIND HER EYES that has got me stumped.  Let me know when you read it!  

@BornToShopI probably won't start it for a while, as I have several really good books on my Kindle now and want to try to read as many as I can before they go back to the e-library. So many good books!

Super Contributor

I am on disc 5 of 8.  

These two women invited a very sick dude into their lives!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The book is a very unusual, thought-provoking book. It is not a full-blown mystery. The four main characters all have major flaws. Jane appears to be the only one who derives any benefit from her association with the house. would not enjoy living in such a futuristic house. The "girl before" reference at the end of the book was a surprise. I enjoyed the "ride" the book provided very much.

Respected Contributor

I finished this book today.  It took me awhile to really get into, about one-fourth of the way through before I felt like I wanted to read the whole thing.  It was different from the books I usually read - a psychological suspense novel is how I would describe it.  Overall, it was a good book and I'm happy with the ending.  Won't say anymore than that for those who haven't read it.   

Esteemed Contributor

The title says "spoiler", so I'm planning on being specific with the few items I had an issue with in the book.

The problem with writing a book where technology is a major player is that technology changes a lot very quickly.  In fact, the retired detective brings this up.  So, it just doesn't make sense to me that Edward would be okay with the technical flaws in the house - it would be less than perfect.  Plus, I would think whomever is monitoring the house and its rules would catch something compromising it.  Particularly after Emma dies during the time that the house is mysteriously offline. 

Also think it's stupid that Simon would be able to just say he deleted the app rather than the company locking him out.

Furthermore, I personally can wipe out or block my phone if lost or stolen.  I can locate it, within a particular area.  So, the fact that the burglars had so many phones without this done just seems so strange to me.  But, even stranger, is that the police said they couldn't figure out who's phone's they were.  How is that possible?  Or, do I just watch too much TV?

Finally - why would Jane go back to the house after being kicked out?  Why would Jane call Simon?   The obvious thing (to me, at least) would be to stay with a friend.

I thought the book was fine - a good story.  Just not worth the hype.

Contributor

I thought the book was a good read but I didn't think the ending was anything special. I can see it would be a good movie.  I just started BEHIND HER EYES because of the great reviews and the surprise ending. and twists. I always fall for the hype about an ending you will never guess. I hope it lives up to it.  Happy reading!