Honored Contributor

Re: THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN / PAULA HAWKINS.

I found the book to be a little bit c.onfusing at first but I liked it a lot.

Respected Contributor

I also enjoyed this book. I like to read a variety, and this was pleasant. Similarly, I liked The Woman in Cabin 10 and In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware.

Honored Contributor

thanks everyone-I put in a library request.Smiley Happy

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I'd rate it 5 out of 10.  It was okay, and I wasn't even aware there is a movie based on the book.

Respected Contributor

I thought it was just okay, as well.  Like others, I didn't like and couldn't relate well with the main character.

Honored Contributor

I liked both the book and the movie.  I did think it was much more obvious in the movie who the murderer was.  Maybe it was just because I'd read the book and already knew, but it seemed to me like they made it more obvious.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I think whoever handled publicity for this book did an insanely good job. I didn't think the book was that great at all but I LOVED the movie. As reference, I absolutely loved 'Gone Girl' as a book but hated the movie version.

I know someone mentioned 'The Girl Before'. I received an advanced copy via NetGalley a while ago and really found the writing sophmoric and the plot lacked the sophistication other books in this genre delivered.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't get the gist of the book right away.  But boy the movie was great.  It all came together for me in the movie.

Well done. 

Honored Contributor

This book was just ok to me.....I liked Gone Girl much more than this one. Found it hard to follow.....Glad I read it, as it was really hyped, will probably get around to watching the movie soon. 

New Contributor

This is another one that had a lot of hype.  I wanted to slap her!  She was so spineless. Most of my book group liked it and rated it an average of 7.