Valued Contributor

Pre order,RoryFeek, this life I live..

[ Edited ]

Anyone preorder from amazon the  New Rory Feek book,  released Feb14, The say arrival the  same day for pre orders.I ordered it in Oct.Cant wait to read, what a lovely inspiring family .His blog ,this life I live Is wonderful.So Sad Joey is gone, but what a precious  gift she left in Indiana for him.... Hope you enjoy if you get it!Maryanne

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pre order,RoryFeek, this life I live..

Mixed feelings about this one. I'm sure his grief is real but always seemed from the beginning he was trying to cash in on her illness.

Valued Contributor

You know , i feel that wasnt his motive.He began the blog long before she became  terminal he  also will not resume his career again he has said.I believe their deep faith  is what motavates him.His blog  and their love story has  given others hope. lots of people write books and make money  don't think  this will be a best seller,   Its not that type of book.I like to  think this inspires people  to not give up, and that there is beauty even in tragedy..Maryanne

Valued Contributor

We were fans when they had their show on RFDTV. We always said we would take a road trip to their farm house for a show and to eat at Marcy's resturant but she got sick before we every took the trip. I ordered the book as well back in October.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi, I'll be waiting to see what is said about the book. I didn't know about either of them, except when Yahoo said something about them. They really loved each other it seemed like. It about kills me when couples who are so in love, end up with one of them with a terminal illness. Terminal illness is bad no matter when or where or whom, but this is just so sad. I'm not meaning to leave anyone out for any reason, so please no attacks.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal, so good to hear from you.If you wanted to find out   some more about them he has a blog with the same name.It was made all the harder  ,because he was left with a very small child.The little one has down syndrome . She has learned sign  language   and likes books now.In his  blog he follows her progress and just talks about  life. I so admire the strength  and love he is giving  to his little one.Thanks again  fo your reply, how could anyone ever think you werent being  nice,you are too sweet for that.Maryanne

Esteemed Contributor

I will wait for those who read the book to give their feelings and opinions.  I enjoyed the couple when they would perform and interact on their show. 

She was a lovely female.  Left us too soon. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Valued Contributor

Read the book. I really enjoy the Feeks music and their life story is very touching. I read the book very quickly and it is well written, however, it is very sad, from the beginning to end. Thankfully Rory has great faith, and it is well documented in this book. Glad I read it, but it is sad.