Regular Contributor

Need new mystery, thriller authors

I have read almost all of Michael Connelly, Harlan Coban, Greg Isles, Lisa Jackson & Lisa Scottolini & others but would like suggestions on a new author whose books grab you from the start. I like James Patterson also, some Grisham. Am currently reading Greg Isles The Bone Tree, with the final in the trilogy coming out soon. Excellent page turner.

Appreciate any help you friendly bookworms. : )

Super Contributor

Re: Need new mystery, thriller authors

Have you read Nelson DeMille's John Corey series? There are seven books (I think) so far. I also like John Sanford's Prey series, as well as his "spin off" Virgil Flowers series. I also enjoy the Kinsey Millhone Alphabet Series from Sue Grafton.

I picked up The Bone Tree just a few weeks ago, so I'm excited to read it (along with the others in the triology). Geg Isles is going to be at my library on March 24th signing Mississippi Blood, so I might go! 

Good luck on your hunt!

Trusted Contributor

I like John Sandford, PJ Tracy, Julia Spencer-Fleming, Margaret Coel, and JA Jance.  I like character-driven mysteries and I love mystery series.

Valued Contributor

Jefferson Bass.......Jon Jefferson and Dr Bill Bass (who started the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee) - very accurate in terms of forensics. 

Kathy Reichs - the Bones series Dr. Temperane Brennan 

Walt Longmire series by Craig Johnson.....books are much better than the TV series

Doc Ford Series by Randy Wayne White

Respected Contributor

Nicci French.                                                                                                                        

Michael Robotham 

Brian Freeman

Reed Farrel Coleman

Steve Hamilton

AJ Waines

Jonathan Kellerman

Laura Lippman

Honored Contributor

David Rosenfelt, Joseph Finder, Linwood Barclay, Julie Garwood, David Baldacci, Jeffrey Deaver, James Lee Burke

Honored Contributor

Tom Clancy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

James Lee Burke---Dave Robicheaux series.  I am starting to reread them now beginning with the first in the series because we have plans to attend the Dave  Robicheaux Literary Festival in New Iberia, LA later this month.  We have talked about visiting for several years so this is a good reason.

Valued Contributor

Most of the ones named I have read,but I can add a few. Harry Hole mysteries,by Joe Nesbo, a Norway author. Love them!  Tanya French writes a good mystery. Robert Dugoni, his books with a female police officer,are good. Deborah Crombie writes an English series with Emma and Kincaid, just finished her new one and love it! Peter Robinson writes an English series,which also has been on PBS.His series is very good especially his older ones. THE GIRL BEFORE, by JP Delaney, I really loved and can't wait to see how Ron Howard will do the film! Ian getting into THE SLEEPWALKER,by  Chris Bohjalian,which is looking good.

Try the following:

J D Robb - In Death Series

Casey Hill - Reilly Steel Series

Karin Slaughter

Liliana Hart - JJ Graves Series

Blake Pierce - Avery Black Series

T M M Walsh - Claire Winters Crime Series

C M Sutter - Detective Jade Monroe Crime Thriller

Roger Stelljes - McRyan Mystery Series

Enjoy.