Regular Contributor

Mysteries, thriller books suggestions please!

I have been reading many books by James Patterson, Michael Connelly, Harlan Coben,

Lisa Gardner & Lisa Jackson, etc. but need a new author to latch onto. Any help with this would be appreciated!

Valued Contributor

Re: Mysteries, thriller books suggestions please!

David Baldacci, Preston and Child, Jeffrey Deaver

Honored Contributor

I'm nearing the end of Noah Hawley's "Before the Fall".

It's a great read.

Valued Contributor

Joseph FInder, John Sanford,  Lisa Scottoline,  Maggie Barbieri,  Camilla Way (new author: Watching Edie was good), J.T. Ellison.  The early Patricia Cornwell Kay Scarpetta books are good, the later ones, not so much unless you are a diehard fan as I am, and read them despite being a bit disappointed. Joe Hill if you like some thriller/horror: Heart Shaped Box and The Fireman.  Alex Kava,  Karin Slaughter

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

These are all mysteries and not thrillers:

Robert B Parker's Spenser series. The Goldwulf Manuscript is the first book in the series.

Laura Lippmann's Tess Monghan books. The first is Baltimore Blues.

Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series. A Great Deliverance is the first book in the series. 

Deborah Crombie's Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James mysteries. A Share in the Death is the first book of the series.

The Elizabeth George and Deborah Crombie books are both set in Great Britain and you'll believe they're written by Brits, but both George and Crombie are American authors.

Trusted Contributor

I like all your authors. Have you ever read J.A. Janice? She has a few different series. I like the Beaumont series best. I also like Wendy Corsi Staub, Mariah Stewart, Linwood Barclay (very similar to Harlan Coben in my opinion) & the Prendergast series by Preston & Childs. 

Frequent Contributor

Louise Penny's series starring Armand Gamache

Donna Leon-books take place in Venice, starring Guido Brunetti

Dorothy L. Sayers' Peter Wimsey mysteries; also with a British flair:  Grantchester

Jacqueline Winspear-Maisie Dobbs

Honored Contributor

Carlene Thompson, Erica Spindler, Wendy Corsi Staub, all 3 have excellent mysteries.....

Frequent Contributor

Jonathan Kellerman; I have a hard time putting his books down.

Contributor

I recommend William Kent Krueger's series about Cork O'Connor and especially his stand alone Ordinary Grace. Also Allen Eskens and David Rosenfelt.