Honored Contributor

Just finished We Need to talk about Kevin!!!!!!

It was very very good, and very disturbing. I don't know why, but I found myself crying at the end...I felt bad for the mother, father, sister and  Kevin.......Who knows why people do some things? Was he that way because his mom didn't want him? Was he that way because they didn't bond from the very beginning?  Lots to think about! Thanks to those who recommended it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just finished We Need to talk about Kevin!!!!!!

I read this a few years ago, and I still remember how disturbing the ending was.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I read this some years back. It was a dark book. 

Super Contributor

I read the book a couple years ago and saw the movie. It still haunts me. I understand that you would cry at the end. Maybe you felt the story is just too close to reality. I know I do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I was thinking about you this morning and wondering if you finished.  I saw the movie as well.  It's a book that stays with you.  I have read many books and forgotten them but not this one.  It is very thought provoking.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I was thinking about you this morning and wondering if you finished.  I saw the movie as well.  It's a book that stays with you.  I have read many books and forgotten them but not this one.  It is very thought provoking.  LM

It does stay with you. It is just so sad!!!!!!! I will probably re-read the last 20 pages or so again, as I read it on my lunch hour, and I want to make sure I didn't miss anything! I also have The Kind Worth Killing and The Husabnd's Secret to read.....I almost think I need a much lighter book, since I just read Defending Jacob before this one! LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I think you should go for something lighter also. I read both of the books you have in waiting and neither fits the bill!  Have you read A Man Called OVe?  It is a heartwarming story.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I think you should go for something lighter also. I read both of the books you have in waiting and neither fits the bill!  Have you read A Man Called OVe?  It is a heartwarming story.  LM

Haven't read that one. I will look for it! Thanks! I read some talk about it on these boards, I remember! 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, just had an idea after seeing @sunaIa's thread on Stephen King's trilogy.  Have you read those?  They are fantastic.  Here are the titles:

Mr. Mercedes

Finders Keepers

End of Watch

I can't remember if Sunny's post has spoilers ... Thinking it does so don't read it.

I am late to Stephen King because I thought all he wrote were horror stories.  This trilogy is really good.  Wish I had it to read anew again.  He won an Edgar Award for Mr. Mercedes.

Enough already, I know!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

Here is another vote for  " A Man Called OVE "" it is wonderful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan