Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder . . .

[ Edited ]

@rustee wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I wonder why I'm attracted to reading books about the holocaust.  Maybe the word "attracted" is the wrong word, but I seem to read more of that topic than any other. 

I'm going to try to take a break and read some other enjoyable topics, maybe even some books that make me laugh. 

@sunala

You are drawn to Holocaust books, and I am drawn to books about the Titanic.

@rustee, I used to have ten or so books on the Titanic  One of my favorites is "Shadow of the Titanic:  The Extraordinary Stories of Those Who Survived" by Andrew Wilson.  Perhaps you've read it? 

@sunala, maybe you remember with the help of people from this forum, especially you, I finally tackled the subject of the Holocaust.  I am so glad I did that because it has great relevance now.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Hi, @smoky22!  I just read a few interviews where she said picking a man's name was going as far from her own identity as she could get, that she didn't think she'd be "outed" so quickly, and that she liked the name so she's kept it, it's like getting into character when she writes the Strike novels.

@LoriLori  Interesting.  I do see her point, now.   It helped her to get into the mindset of her main character.  And Cormoran Strike is a fascinating main character.

Honored Contributor

@smoky22, I love her.  Did you know Bloomsbury Publishers did not want her using her name, Joanne Rowling, on Harry Potter because they believed boys would not buy a book about a wizard written by a woman.  She doesn't even have a middle name, she took the K from a beloved grandmother.

So she's a bestselling author with two names, neither her own.