Respected Contributor

Re: I'm thinking I need to start reading from my "stash" of books

My stash is so compelling, I am sporting two new tablecloths over each pile.  Awesome bedroom end tables...

Trusted Contributor

@appm - I LOVE Victoria Holt!  One of my favorite authors: I have all her books.  I need to re-read them too!  Mistress of Mellyn is my favorite.

Super Contributor

Dawg Lover - my favorite is "On The Night Of The Seventh Moon" which I am reading now.  Just finished "Shadow Of The Lynx."

Valued Contributor

On Saturday, with the snow falling, I went through my stash also and started reading several of them.

I am afraid though that I am becoming a hoarder - I can't stop buying books - I only buy non-fiction and always find new ones - just yesterday I purchased five more.  

They are in bookcases, suitcases, baskets and trunks - but, if it is possible to "love" an inanimate object, I love my books!

Trusted Contributor

@appm- Looking over my books, I remember that I loved "THE SHIVERING SANDS" by Victoria Holt too! My sister and I both read it days apart when it came out and used to tease each other by chanting a creepy quote from the book: "Come, my shivering sands. Take her, as you have taken the others." That was such a good book! @coco14 - I know just how you feel. I love my book collection so much. If I ever had a fire or had to downsize, I would be broken-hearted!