Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking I need to start reading from my "stash" of books

Didn't realize that my personal "stash" of books is getting a little out of hand. I keep a box in the basement (primarily Nora Roberts books) along with a couple of shelves with mysteries. Upstairs, in my reading cave, I keep random books that I intend to read next (like when I have nothing checked out from the library--which doesn't happen often). Also discovered that I have a few books in one of the shelves in bedside table. And there may be another stash that I set up somewhere & forgot about. Anyway, I think it's maybe time to weed out some of these piles.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm thinking I need to start reading from my "stash" of books

Great problem to have, right! I don't think one can have too many good books.😀

Honored Contributor

I have a stash on my Kindle, but I can't stop acquiring more. I just love books📚📚

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Me too.  My Kindle has many many books waiting to be read.  I get notices every day from Bookgorilla, Freebooksy, and a couple of more.  Tell myself that I'll just look today and not get one but who can resist free or 1.99 for a book that looks really good or was a best seller.  I also have a couple of bookcases with books waiting to be read.  I just need to take at least a year and do nothing but read, read, read!  Maybe some day...

Spoiler

Regular Contributor

sorry, don't know how I got the spoiler thingie .

Frequent Contributor

Every time I hear a bad weather forecast for this area I take any library books back and plan to use my "stash" which fills my bookcases and has taken over some closet shelves and even a brown paper bag. I figure that this way I won't get stuck with borrowed books if things get really bad and I can't return them. Unfortunately I have to check out anything that looks interesting while I am down there so it means bringing more books home. Lets face it, they might not be there on my next visit.

Super Contributor

Finished reading all my favorite authors' new releases and was looking for something to read.  I found a bunch of Victoria Holt books from the '70's in my attic.  Loved to read her books back then.  So, I'm going to read them again.  If you're young, you probably don't know this author.  40 years ago!!!

Respected Contributor

I went through most of my stash awhile ago and have been getting books from the library.  That way I have to return them and they don't become clutter.   Cat Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a very small number of stashed books, and I am always replacing them with newer publications which garner my attention.  Library copies and downloads via my library system are my main sources.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also have a stash, albeit a small stash,  of unread books both on my shelves and on my Kindle.  I recently have discovered that it's time to let a few of my already-read lovlies go, so I've got about 10 books in my trunk as we speak that I'm going to drop off to one of our city's many My Little Library locations. I heartily agree that having an overabundance of books is a great problem to have! Smiley Wink