Esteemed Contributor

How do you keep track of when the next book in a series comes out?

Some series have become so mainstream that it's pretty easy to know when one is coming out. For example, Twilight or Harry Potter books. I even found out about the new Dan Brown/Robert Langdon novel via Entertainment Weekly (I think.)

But for other series that I follow, I usually just keep checking Amazon every so often. Just pre-ordered for two of my series yesterday - one being for the unnamed Louise Penny/Inspector Gamache book scheduled for August 29th release.

Do you have an easier way? I know some use other sites - can you set up a way for you to get notice if a book from an author comes out? Just wondering if there is an easier way that I simply don't know about.

Thanks everyone!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How do you keep track of when the next book in a series comes out?

No. I haven't come across a better way of keeping track.  I do get notifications from Amazon sometimes when authors I have purchased previously have a new book.  I would be interested to hear from others if there is a better way of knowing when favorite series/authors have new offerings.

Respected Contributor

You can sign up on an author!s page and they will notify you when their new book will be released.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Fantastic Fiction Internet site is my main source.

Type in an author's name then click and scroll down the person's page.  Everything that has been published and will soon be published by that person will be there.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go to Fictiondb.com where you can look at the author's upcoming books and series in order. 

Honored Contributor

That was a good question,  Thanks @SWEET

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

That was a good question,  Thanks @SWEET

You're welcome.

Super Contributor

I now go to the author's site or their Facebook page. Waaaay back before my internet days, I usually came in late to book series. I would check the publishing dates and from there craft a list. You could also check with your local library-- perhaps a librarian has info. 

Trusted Contributor

I browse new releases on Goodreads. Since I have a Kindle I can then see if my library has a wait list started for the kindle versions. Usually I can get on the list early & get the kindle version without a long wait.

Respected Contributor

The only way to be sure I will be notified is for me to request an email from the author when he/she has a new book coming out.  Jeff Carson is one of the authors who emailed me recently.