Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy New Year ~ What Are You Reading~January 2017

I just finished reading Before the Fall, by Noah Hawley. I loved this book!

A small private jet goes down into the Atlantic near Martha's Vineyard. There are two survivors. What caused the crash and deaths of 9 people?

I literally could not put this book down!

On to The Air Between Us, by Deborah Johnson.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

Just finished THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS by M.L. Stedman.  I cried!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Just finished I'll Take You There, by Wally Lamb and The Mistress, by Danielle Steel

reading now Two by Two, by Nicholas Sparks

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

Hey @pateacher! I put Idaho on my Amazon Wishlist a couple weeks ago, so I'm looking forward to your review!

Super Contributor

Finished
Sleepwalker by Bohjalian (OK)

about to start
Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
(influential people perish in a private plane crash ~

conspiracy or bad luck?/OverDrive audiobook)

Valued Contributor

Hey @bella-luna!  I finished Idaho last night.  It has a very interesting premise, but if you are looking for an answer to all the questions, you will be disappointed but will also understand why this novel has the ending it does.

I am reading an actual book next. Silence  by Shusaku Endo is set in 17th century Japan and involves Portuguese Jesuit priests who must watch the natives who have converted to Christianity sacrifice their lives for their faith.

The trailers for the movie version look interesting, too.

I am a little excited to actually turn paper pages.

Super Contributor

@pateacher Well, of course you have already finished Idaho Woman Very Happy and  I appreicate your 2¢ on it.

Can I  tell you...I have lost my mind buying up actual books! (For whatever reason, my brain tends to process what I'm reading more thoroughly if I'm holding an actual book.) Aaaannd in order to make room for said books, I recently dropped off a load at one of the My Little Library locations not too far from me. Yay!  

I have seen the trailer for Silence and I agree that it looks interesting. Enjoy the book! 

Super Contributor

That book is on the top of my list.  As soon as it's available at the library, I will request it.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm doing something I hardly ever do...reading 2 books at once. Woman Surprised  I tell ya, my little pea brain can hardly handle it! Anyway, besides reading Remarkable Creatures (a physical book), I also saw that my library had Betrayal: The Crisis in the Catholic Church: The Findings of the Investigation by The Boston Globe (downloaded to my Kindle). I can't put it down. 

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 I just finished Two by Two and enjoyed it, I thought the relationship between the father and daughter was adorable!