Super Contributor

Re: Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge

@FindingMyJoy (love your username!) I agree...I love being able to hop onto Goodreads to track my books (and...not gonna lie...sometimes I have to double-check to see if I've read a particular book!) Good for you for surpassing your goal last year! I'm hoping that setting a goal will also push me to read instead of watching TV/Netflix/YouTube!
Super Contributor

I am not a big reader and probably read about 10 books a year.  This year I would like to triple that number to 30 books.  How do you join the challenge and do you have to use your real name?  Thanks!

Super Contributor

@lizzys Hey! Just go onto Goodreads dot com and register for an account.  I've been on Goodreads for 5 or 6 years, and signing up is really easy. If memory serves me well, you'll just need to give them an email address and create a password. You can chosse a username or use your real name, whatever you're comfortable with. You will have complete control as to who can view your Profile as well as who can see your updates, reading status, etc. - just look in Settings.  On the Goodreads Homepage, there's a banner at the top that says "Take the Reading Challenge" so just click on that and set your goal!

Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@bella-luna wrote:

@lizzys Hey! Just go onto Goodreads dot com and register for an account.  I've been on Goodreads for 5 or 6 years, and signing up is really easy. If memory serves me well, you'll just need to give them an email address and create a password. You can chosse a username or use your real name, whatever you're comfortable with. You will have complete control as to who can view your Profile as well as who can see your updates, reading status, etc. - just look in Settings.  On the Goodreads Homepage, there's a banner at the top that says "Take the Reading Challenge" so just click on that and set your goal!

Hope that helps.

I believe this is all correct.

Goodreads is now owned by Amazon. If you own a Kindle, you can link your Goodreads and Amazon accounts. That allows me to mark a book as Currently Reading within the Kindle and as soon as I finish the book on my Kindle, it will automatically mark it as Read in Goodreads, which is very convenient. I am hoping they add that feature to the Audible App, too. I still have to manually add everything I start and finish in Audible to my Goodreads account.

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue Yep...totally forgot to mention Amazon! Thanks! :-D
Super Contributor

@bella-luna @ChynnaBlue Thank you so much for the information.  It sounds like something I will sign up for then.  Now I just have to finish that first book.

Super Contributor

@lizzys Yay! Smiley Happy