Respected Contributor

Re: Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? availible for kindle prime lending library

@Bridgegal wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?

I don't have a Kindle but have the Kindle app on my Macbook and my iPhone.   Can someone tell me how to use Prime borrowing feature?   I didn't know that was available and I've had Prime for three years.  Thanks.

I don't think you can.

Prime members borrow this title for free on Kindle, Fire tablets and Fire Phone. Learn More

Respected Contributor

Re: Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet? availible for kindle prime lending library

Boo!

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?

For anyone who has never used their amazon prime to borrow a monthly kindle book even though I've given the link to the book you have to do it on your kindle.  Go to settings then lending library then type in the name to search it and it should give you the option to borrow the book.  And you can also reborrow it if a month isn't long enough. 

Lori hope you don't mind if I copy your post.

I am very glad to hear Kolar's book is available to download or borrow for free! I don't have a Kindle -- I was gifted one and I re-gifted it. I need a real book in my hands.

So can someone who understands the lingo a lot better than I do please start a thread on the Book Forum letting people there know they can read it for free? I believe there are a bunch of people there that have wanted to read it who may never open this thread.

Please post your thoughts on it after you finish. I can't wait to read a discussion of what people's opinions are after they are presented with a parade of real, unassailable facts (and informed speculation). If you still think Patsy did it after reading the book, I totally get that. If you think the Ramseys are innocent after reading the book -- you didn't read the book!!!!!!

I don't have a Kindle but have the Kindle app on my Macbook and my iPhone.   Can someone tell me how to use Prime borrowing feature?   I didn't know that was available and I've had Prime for three years.  Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can only borrow a book from the Kindle library using a Kindle.  I don't think you can use the app.  I searched it and that is what I found unless it is an outdated article.  I'm not posting a link because it would probably get deleted.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I read the first 200 pages and skipped to the last 50.  I realize that this former investigator, even though he tries to simply present the facts, has some bias.  That being said, the case definitely suffered from the animosity between the police and the DA's office.  The Ramsey's had influence and $ and used them both.

The author makes a fairly convincing argument, the most powerful of which is the questions surrounding the ransom note.  I will stop there to avoid spoilers.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom, you may have skipped the most powerful part.  Did you read about her brother's prior behavior, and the train, and the taser?  The facts about his prior behavior and the syndrome Kolar describes are unique to his book and very, very persuasive.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori, thanks for that.  Back I go!  LM

Honored Contributor

You're quite welcome.  That's the mind-blowing stuff!!!!  The box of chocolates!  OMG!  Don't want to spoil it!

Trusted Contributor

That was some pretty strong stuff.  Would make me uncomfortable to have a daughter date him.  The family  was all very good looking.  Money certainly can't buy real happiness.  A tragedy

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Kidnapped????    I thought she was found dead in the basement of their home.

Remember the long ramson note?

She was found murdered in their home, ransom note or not .....  it's my understanding she wasn't taken from the family home, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Kidnapped????    I thought she was found dead in the basement of their home.

Remember the long ramson note?

She was found murdered in their home, ransom note or not .....  it's my understanding she wasn't taken from the family home, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There was a ransom note but she was found dead in the family home.