Honored Contributor

Does anyone here read the Kindle Scout offerings?

Kindle Scout is an Amazon program where readers can read the first 5,000 words of as yet unpublished novels and if they like what they read, nominate the book for publication. Amazon editors then review the nominations to pick the books they'll publish under one of the Amazon imprints. If you nominate a book and it gets picked up, you get a free copy of the book you nominated when it's published. It's a neat way for a reader to preview books that may be available soon. 

It's kind of a win-win for both authors and readers. If you have any interest, head over to Kindle Scout and give it a look.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone here read the Kindle Scout offerings?

I wasn't aware of Scout until this post.  Will definitely check it out.

@gardenman - I read The Campaign in one day and totally enjoyed it!  Great job!l

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

I wasn't aware of Scout until this post.  Will definitely check it out.

@gardenman - I read The Campaign in one day and totally enjoyed it!  Great job!l

Thanks, Sassenach1! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun writing it. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
New Contributor

Hi Ladies

Kindle scout is a program run by Amazon where authors submit their never published books.

If the book is selected by the scout team, it goes for publick voting.

This is where you get to read the first few chapters and you can vote for the ones you like best.

Voting is open for 30 days, and you can see how your fav books are doing by looking at the HOT list.

After 30 days, the amazon scout will look at the traffic the book generated, the votes and comments and will decide whether the book is worth publishing by amazon press.

If the book is chosen amazon will do all the book marketing and pricing for 3 - 5 years.

If I am not mistaken , I think the movie "The Martian" was based on the martian book , which was chosen by the scout

Respected Contributor

That's something I've never really been interested in.   I have so many ebooks (Over 11,000) I don't have time to read part of a book.    I generally read 3-4 books a week.  Sometimes less and sometimes more.  Depends on what's happening around my life.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*