Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Go to the LIbrary Anymore?

We have 32 libraries in the system that share the books, so you are pretty much guaranteed to get most books, and if they do not have it, you can ask them to order it which they usually do. I hear of a book and I can go to their website and request it, and then I call my husband and he swings by on his way home and picks it up, so he is at the library a couple of times a week, I just request from home.

I have several books on my Kindle also, but they seem to take a back burner to phsyical books, I guess I still like the feel of holding a book.

Super Contributor

i would say that 99% of my books are from the library.  If it wasn't for the library, I would not be able to afford to read.  I rather physical books over ebooks.

Esteemed Contributor

Work at a college and I check out novels from campus library for workouts. Also check out audio books for car travel. Convenient, but I haven't been to our city's public library since my children were young.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Yes Ma'am, frequently! I get great suggestions from the Book forum here and put many titles on reserve. Have always loved the library. Memories!

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in at least a year.  I read most things on my mini IPad now.  I do a lot of downloads, but don't actually go there much at all.  Too many rude people and some scary ones too. 

Valued Contributor

I go to the library all the time also.  I get an excited feeling everytime I go!  Just love to read so much, and I cannot afford to buy.  I'm very fortunate to have a great library in my area, and there is another one not too far away.  I just get impatient when they don't get the new releases that day!  lol  They usually get them pretty fast, and are always willing to order things you request.

Honored Contributor

I read an article about BEDBUGS being prevalent within the

pages & spines of rented books....hoooooogey.  

Never stepped foot in a library again after that.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

😲

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

eww! That is not an encouraging thought but I guess they could appear in many places-thrift shops, department stores. I would not read as much as I do without libraries!

I guess these creatures could even be in bookstores. I am not going to think about it or I would never get to read!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do I enjoy stopping by to sit & read the magazine, browse book titles/authors I like but favorite part is seeing all the kids in their section picking out their special books, doing a fun project or someone reading them a book.

i recently put my name on the list for clearance to read to kids or elderly. I've always enjoyed the library & reading. 

Thats going to be be our first stop when my GD arrives so she can find some books to read while she is here!