Super Contributor

Re: Do you read books with 2 authors?

[ Edited ]

I listen to a lot of Patterson's co-authored stand-alone books.  I also listen to books in his co-authored NYPD series. They have short chapters and they provide an interesting "ride." He and his co-authors collaborate very well together in my opinion

Respected Contributor

Charles Todd series of British mysteries. This is a mother and son writing team and the books are excellent.

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue Oh my gosh, although I haven't read one in a few years, I used to love both the Coffee Shop Mysteries and the Haunted Bookshop Mysteries! I had kind of forgotten about them (til now) and now I'm off to Google what has been added since I last read them! Thanks!
Honored Contributor

@bella-luna wrote:
@ChynnaBlue Oh my gosh, although I haven't read one in a few years, I used to love both the Coffee Shop Mysteries and the Haunted Bookshop Mysteries! I had kind of forgotten about them (til now) and now I'm off to Google what has been added since I last read them! Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed those books, @bella-luna! It has been years since a Haunted Bookshop mystery was published, but one is coming late this year or early next, according to the Jack Shepard Facebook maintained by the authors. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue Hey...yeah...I went to the Coffee House Mystery site and saw that there's a new Haunted Bookshop book in the works, due out in 2018. Smiley Happy  I'm pretty sure I only read 2 of those (based on the covers 'cos my memory is cr*p, haha) and I have only read 4 of the Coffee Shop books. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have them in the database, but I just might bite the bullet and download book 5 to my Kindle from Amazon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Valued Contributor

Only if it is a non-fiction book.

Respected Contributor

I like the Pendergast Agent books by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. 

I've also just started the Frieda Klein series by Nicci French.  The authors are actually Nicci Gerard and Sean French. I liked the first one and have just obtained the 2nd.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree about Lincoln and Preston.  They are the only duo I usually read after having been disappointed with the well known authors showing their name in capital letters with tiny letters below or at the bottom of the jacket reading "with so and so".  I haven't really enjoyed those.  They seem more formula driven than original to me.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smoky22, sorry about that!  I don't think I would go for audio books.  I did know it was fiction. I liked the contrast of the two cultures.  LM

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read somewhere that James Patterson writes up a detailed outline of a book, then gives it to his co-author to write.  Then, the book goes back to Patterson for tweaking, editing, and re-writing, if necessary.  This is how he is able to produce so many books.