Honored Contributor

ANY time!  Want me to come read to you???  That's the voice I imagine. . . LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

OP here. Thanks for all the suggestons. I'm going to check out many of these, esp the menopause mysteries--ha!

Trusted Contributor

What a great thread!  I am the queen of cozy mysteries and suspense/thriller books.  I rarely read anything else.  Thanks for some new authors to check out, and I would also like to recommend some other mystery/suspense authors not mentioned:  Laura Levine, Jenn McKinlay, Maddy Hunter, Anne George, Gillian Roberts, Victoria Abbott, Laurien Berenson, Rhys Bowen, Dana Stabenow, Sue Henry, Ann Purser, Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton, J. A. Jance, Tess Gerritsen, Mary Higgins Clark, John Sandford, Robert Crais, David Rosenfelt, P. J. Tracy, Daniel Silva, Lisa Lutz, J. D. Robb, Linda Castillo, Linda Fairstein, Blaize Clement, Kate Collins, Susan Wittig Albert, Elly Griffiths, Annelise Ryan, Nicci French, Martha Grimes, and Ruth Rendell.

Esteemed Contributor

The two series I have stuck with are. G.A McKevett Savannah Reid mysteries. Read the newest but go back and start with the first after. So fun and light. Krista Davis series The Diva.....again read the newest and then go back to the first.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

What a great thread!  I am the queen of cozy mysteries and suspense/thriller books.  I rarely read anything else.  Thanks for some new authors to check out, and I would also like to recommend some other mystery/suspense authors not mentioned:  Laura Levine, Jenn McKinlay, Maddy Hunter, Anne George, Gillian Roberts, Victoria Abbott, Laurien Berenson, Rhys Bowen, Dana Stabenow, Sue Henry, Ann Purser, Janet Evanovich, Sue Grafton, J. A. Jance, Tess Gerritsen, Mary Higgins Clark, John Sandford, Robert Crais, David Rosenfelt, P. J. Tracy, Daniel Silva, Lisa Lutz, J. D. Robb, Linda Castillo, Linda Fairstein, Blaize Clement, Kate Collins, Susan Wittig Albert, Elly Griffiths, Annelise Ryan, Nicci French, Martha Grimes, and Ruth Rendell.

Dawg lover, I know you know this, but OP doesn't - some of the authors in your list do not write cozies, but instead lean toward mid- to hard-boiled.  E.g., Sanford, Rosenfelt, French, Crais, etc.  They're good mysteries/ crime fiction, to be sure, but not cozies.  I mention this only as an alert to OP.  

Honored Contributor

These are my favorites.  As someone suggested in a previous post, it was probably those Nancy Drew mysteries that morphed into cozies as I got older.  

Respected Contributor

Hamish McBeth and Agatha Raisin Cozies by MC Beaton are two of my all time favorite series!! I also love a series The Dekker Cozy mysteries. Of course I have a hugel list as these are my favorite kind of books to read There is a site called cozymysteries.com and she list all the cozies and post updated releases all the time. It is a perfect site for people who love reading the cozies!!

Respected Contributor

These books you mentioned are exactly what a cozy mystery is! They are mysteries but don't give a lot of gruesome details about the deaths.