Super Contributor

Big Little Lies ~ yea or nay?

[ Edited ]

I never read or listened to the book, but the HBO series looks like it is going to be very interesting!

Honored Contributor

Re: Big Little Lies ~ yea or nay?

I want to watch it, hopefully HBO Now app will have it. That's how I get HBO, I have the app on my Fire TV stick.

I checked last night, thought they might have the first episode already but they didn't.

I didn't even know it was a book, shame on me.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I want to watch it, hopefully HBO Now app will have it. That's how I get HBO, I have the app on my Fire TV stick.

I checked last night, thought they might have the first episode already but they didn't.

I didn't even know it was a book, shame on me.

@Greeneyedlady21

Big Little Lies is a 2014 novel written by Liane Moriarty.  I hated Truly Madly Guilty so I decided to skip this book.

Honored Contributor

I read the book, and I' m trying the HBO one week free from Amazon Prime, so I hope I can see it..

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I'm in the minority, but I didn't like the book at all.  I have no interest in seeing the mini series. 

Valued Contributor

• I loved the book.  I hope this series lives up to the book
Honored Contributor

Watched it last night, enjoyed it. Interested to see how the story unfolds.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Liane Moriarty books and liked this one. I don't get HBO, so I won't get to see their version. However, I'm kind of bummed that it's not set in Australia like the book, so I'm not really interested in seeing it. 

Honored Contributor

I read the book and liked it a lot...so am paying to watch the HBO series through Amazon.   

After watching the first episode, I have to say I might have been a bit confused if I hadn't read the book.  

As for  filming it in a CA coastal community...I believe this was Nicole Kidman's decision (she is one of the producers).  She's from Australia and felt that the location would look very similar.   I live in the community where the outdoor scenes were filmed....and I think the scenery shots are spectacular!  

Super Contributor

@rustee wrote:

I never read or listened to the book, but the HBO series looks like it is going to be very interesting!

I am enjoying it very much!